• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

High Grade Storage, Handling and Transportation Questions

23 posts in this topic

I use a little of packing tape to keep them together. It's probably not the most archivally kosher thing to do, but I don't really worry about it. There's already a lot of things floating in the air around my comics that are more harmful. The primary culprit being oxygen. crazy.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Is the wood treated at all? Wood is not the best environment for storing comics frown.gif.

Actually yes, it has been through a process that was described to me as "bleached" to strip away alot of the woods natural oils and pigmants..(similar to the cardboard used in our comic boxes) and then heat treated and sealed in a factory setting.

It is the best I could find for the suited purpose.

Cedar is incredibly expensive, and is hard to get in large pieces.

Poplar is a good 2nd choice.. hard.. and clean.. not prone to splitting and seems stable.

Gorgeous box Z-Man. thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

If I may be so bold... what would be interesting, and not too expensive, would be making a box as you have, but lining the inside with cedar strips... the same kind they sell for lining closets. This would be a cheaper alternative to making the entire box out of cedar.

hi.gif