• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wally Wood Artist's Edition Going back to print

60 posts in this topic

Hello all,

Just letting everyone know a couple of pieces of news: First, due to

overwhelming demand, the Wally Wood Artist's Edition is going back to press. It

will be a couple of months before it is available but you can pre-order it now

through your local comic shop or at the IDW site:

https://shop.idwpublishing.com/wally-woods-ec-stories-artists-edition.html

Additionally, the Con variant edition of just 100 copies will be for sale at the

Wonder-Con this weekend. You can reserve a copy of it for pick up here:

https://shop.idwpublishing.com/wally-woods-ec-stories-artists-edition-variant.ht\

ml

You don't need to reserve the Con variant on-line, you can just walk up and get

one, but this is a way to ensure getting one.

Hope to see some of you at the show.

Best,

Scott

I would really hope that someday there is a financial reason/benefit to doing a second edition of the Dave Stevens book. I would have no problem (as a collector) if all of these books stayed in print from time to time. They are fantastic teaching tools for artists. The Wood book is a class in a box...

I just received my copy, and the book is impressive!!

It's the closest thing to holding the art in the hands, and the pieces chosen are breathtaking. The covers gallery is already worth the money of the book.

Unfortunately I couldn't pay a visit to the Woodwork exhibit, and the experience to enjoy the book relieves that fact.

Recently I reviewed my copy of Spider-Man Masterworks in TPB which contais reproductions of Amazing Fantasy #15, and it made me realize how difficult is to reproduce the art faithfully, like Artist's Editions do. The AF #15 pages have a blue tone due to low quality printing which takes away the feeling that you're staring at the real thing.

Many, many thanks to whoever made the Artist's Editions possible with such high standard of quality. Starting with Scott Dunbier and ending with all the collectors who kindly allowed his jewels to be scanned.

I'm glad to hear that the Wood volume is going back to print. It's a gorgeous book, but I have a number of customers at my store who did not get a copy because Diamond didn't have enough copies of the first printing available to fill our initial order.

My buddy and I placed our preorder at the LCS :acclaim: for the 2nd printing last week. Waiting for this Wood extravaganza!

Is this like a sausage party? (shrug)

Sorry, but Wood's "Cannon" Sunday strips are (tsk) not included in this oversize volume.

Went to a Toronto comic store yesterday and they still have 2 copies of the Wally Wood 1st print for at at $125. Just thought I'd post the information here in case anyone's interested. One copy per person.

Oh, the also have the Simonson Artists' edition for $250.

Hope this information helps a few folks:

http://www.beguiling.com/index.php

I wonder if the bottom fell out on the first print when they announced the second and the wonder con exclusive. . .

Just a few weeks ago you were doing well to find it under $200.

I wonder if the bottom fell out on the first print when they announced the second and the wonder con exclusive. . .

Still seems to be selling well in the $250 range, based on recent ebay sales.

Doubtful. This is just one store in Toronto, and they have 2 for sale.

Still seems to be selling well in the $250 range, based on recent ebay sales.

But there are a few on eBay now right around the $200 range that are not sold yet. So yes, I think prices are coming back down to reality (wherever that may be).