• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boston Comic Con Sketches / Commissions

13 posts in this topic

I was planning on going to the convention when it rolls into town and there seems to be a pretty decent lineup of guests for a smaller convention.

Artist Alley

I'm going there to get a commission from Arthur Suydam for a friend and maybe Charles Paul Wilson III and Herb Trimpe for myself (both did some TF work ;) ). Anyone else that should (or maybe shouldn't) be on the commission list? I think Pearson might be out of my price range for his stuff.

Also, does anyone know what the price range for Lee Falk's Phantom pieces might go for? I found my answer I believe.

I'd do whatever I had to to get something from Bernie Wrightson.

I think a lot of people would too. I would have definitely asked, but I guess he may not.... According to his Twitter he no longer does commissions or convention sketches.

I'm not sure how set in stone that is. I think I've heard stories of his changing his mind at this or that show, for whatever reason. But if he has pre-made sketches, or some pages, or prelims ... I'd be all over that.

I'd do whatever I had to to get something from Bernie Wrightson.

I think a lot of people would too. I would have definitely asked, but I guess he may not.... According to his Twitter he no longer does commissions or convention sketches.

I'm not sure how set in stone that is. I think I've heard stories of his changing his mind at this or that show, for whatever reason. But if he has pre-made sketches, or some pages, or prelims ... I'd be all over that.

Good advice, I will keep an eye out then. He does have some pre done stuff on his CAF, so he could have something for the show.

Wrightson comes 'round NYC from time to time. I have seen him twice at Big Apple shows in the last few years. And he had predrawn art both times then as well.

I had actually considered going just for Simon Bisley. I probably won't go but I wouldn't rule it out until pretty much 4/20. Other good draw-ers I would definitely consider are Sienkiewicz, Tom Raney (who has been killing it on deviant art lately), David Petersen, Ben Templesmith and Jeremy Bastian. Have a blast!

Thanks! Yea, I have an acquaintance who's a con friend so to speak of Simon, but the stories I've heard are a bit crazy. Hopefully I can get Sienkiewicz to draw me something. I briefly browsed mouse guard at my LCS and Dave's stuff looks pretty cool.

I'll look into the other guys as well. I'm not terribly familiar with the other guys, but I'll check out their stuff.