• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT-What's your favorite classic TV show and episode from that series?

94 posts in this topic

One series that I love and watch and I own the whole episode collection

is the The Early Twilight Zone series. Rod Serling was a genius in not only the stories he

wrote but the actors he chose to work in them! Awesome stuff!

There are some shows that I watch that can still make my skin crawl today...

and one of those is my favorite episode "The New Exhibit"

This is about a guy that creates wax dummys of infamous killers for a wax museum that when the wax museum is forced to close he buys them from the owner and keeps tham in his basement. Sheer horror is unveiled when murders start to occur to the people he creator cares for most leaving the viewer to figure out whether the wax figures are killing spree or is the creator

losing his mind to the point that he is doing their biding.

I must admit that out of the total collection there are some duds, but there are so many great

weird-outs and bone chillers it makes this collection a must have for me. grin.gif

don't know if it's my favorite classic tv show but one of my favorite episodes from classic tv (if the 70's are considered classic) is "chuckles bites the dust" from the mary tyler moore show. absolutely hilarious. that show was, too, in general. ted baxter may be one of the funniest characters ever done...

here's a little from a quick search i did:

On episode "Chuckles Bites the Dust" Chuckles was killed off by the -script writers who had Chuckles being trampled to death by an elephant in a parade. It seemed that Chuckles, as the parade's grand marshal, was dressed in a giant Peter the Peanut costume and was quickly shelled by a hungry pachyderm. At his funeral the minister said

"Chuckles the Clown brought pleasure to millions. The characters he created will be remembered by children and adults alike...Peter Peanut, Mr. Fee Fi Fo, Billy Banana and, my particular favorite, Aunt Yoo Hoo. And not just for the laughter that he provided. There was always some deeper meaning to whatever Chuckles did. And what did Chuckles ask in return? Not much. In his own words-'a little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pant's."

Man, cannot pick one favorite. Twilight Zone? Sure! Some of my faves are The Monsters are Due on Maple Street, The Big Tall Wish, A Stop at Willoughby, Nightmare as a Child, The Howling Man, The Invaders and The Hunt.

Also The Outer Limits' The Galaxy Being, The Man Who was Never Born (whoah!), The Architects of Fear, It Crawled out of the Woodwork (another whoah!), I, Robot (written by Otto Binder) and a lot more.

Also, I Led Three Lives. Man, talk about Atom Age paranoia! I have maybe 7 episodes but always on the lookout for more. These are just too - well, too too!

A more modern series I liked every episode of but lasted half a season was Probe. Like Max headroom (the series, not the talk show) it was creative, had great chemistry with the cast and was ahead of its time. No wonder both it and Max died early deaths.

Max headroom - see above. I remember reading an article in TV Guide about the show and that, after the first few episodes, the network requested it be "dumbed down". I mean, they must have a high opinion of the viewer!

"Chuckles Bites the Dust"

The funeral parlor scene with Mary laughing at the memory of Chuckles, and then being told it was OK to laugh by the priest because Chuckles would have appreciated it - and then seeing her burst into tears - was perfect!

I loved Three's company

My Favourite episode was the one with the misunderstanding when one of the roommates overheard them talking about something and throught it was something else!

Also any episode with Terry in her Pink Bikini

One of the thing that I discussed with my this holiday weekend was a TV channel that if created would get a strong fan base.

What if there was a Channel called "Weird TV" that played only strange stuff on it.

I know that there is the SciFi Channel and that is good, but it isn't weird enough.

Old Twlight Zone and Outer Limits would have their play time on this channel but also it would focus on more obscure stuff like the Max Headroom show.

I also would like to see old SciFi and Horror Movie Classics Like "The Horror Express"

or Gargoyles the TV Movie.

There could even be a slot for College Film School weird out clips.

grin.gif

I loved Three's company

My Favourite episode was the one with the misunderstanding when one of the roommates overheard them talking about something and throught it was something else!

That happened about as often as Tripper pretending to be gay!

Funny stuff!

One of my Favorite Comic Films stared John Ritter in it "Skin Deep" created in 1988.

If you haven't seen this it is a hoot!! thumbsup2.gif

Any Original Star Trek episode..

But I always did like

Episode #10 The Corbomite Maneuver

Treekkkeeeeeee!!! The original shows are the best!

I don't care if the special effects and make-up

are laughable today these shows rock!!! thumbsup2.gif

I loved Three's company

That's my favorite one too! And I think my favorite Gilligan's Island episode was when the castaways were really close to getting rescued, but Gilligan screwed it up! grin.gif

I loved Three's company

That's my favorite one too! And I think my favorite Gilligan's Island episode was when the castaways were really close to getting rescued, but Gilligan screwed it up! grin.gif

That one was great!! I can remember this one episode on Starsky and Hutch when they had to find a criminal and arrest him. Of course they had to go to Huggy Bear to get some information first.

I loved Three's company

That one was great!! I can remember this one episode on Starsky and Hutch when they had to find a criminal and arrest him. Of course they had to go to Huggy Bear to get some information first.

How about the Scooby Doo episode when the bad guys thought that they were going to get away with it but the meddling kids got in the way! 893frustrated.gif

I loved Three's company

How about the Scooby Doo episode when the bad guys thought that they were going to get away with it but the meddling kids got in the way! 893frustrated.gif

or that Brady Bunch episode where the kids were fighting with each other, but then they reconciled at the end of the show. Except I don't think Alice ever cleaned anything in that episode.

I loved Three's company

or that Brady Bunch episode where the kids were fighting with each other, but then they reconciled at the end of the show. Except I don't think Alice ever cleaned anything in that episode.

How about the Perry Mason episode when the real killer surprisingly jumped up in the court room and confessed in front of everyone! foreheadslap.gif

I loved Three's company

How about the Perry Mason episode when the real killer surprisingly jumped up in the court room and confessed in front of everyone! foreheadslap.gif

you watched Perry Mason? 27_laughing.gif

Do you remember that one Chips episode where Ponch and Jon had to chase the bad guys. Man that was great, especially when the car crashed and went flying through the air.

I loved Three's company

Do you remember that one Chips episode where Ponch and Jon had to chase the bad guys. Man that was great, especially when the car crashed and went flying through the air.

How aobut the episode of Married with Children when Al stuck his hand into his pants when watching TV! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I loved Three's company

How aobut the episode of Married with Children when Al stuck his hand into his pants when watching TV! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I can't remember what episode it was, but I can remember "I Love Lucy" where Lucy gets involved in some crazy predicament, but she is eventually found out by Ricky.

It's not a classic but my favorite TV show was "The Street". It lasted for about 5 episodes. I thought it was really good, evidentally noone else did. frown.gif

Hey, I liked it too! Too bad "The $treet" was launched in late 2000, after the bull market had already ended (TNT also launched a pretty cool show called "Bull" in the summer of 2000 which also failed miserably). I think the last thing people wanted to see on TV at that time was a show about Wall Street when their investments were getting pulverized. Bad timing on Fox's part - if the show had come out in 1997 or 1998, I'm sure it would have been a big hit. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Seinfeld!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So many episodes to choose from!!!

But my favorite episode was the twoparter you might call it a three parter if you include the Keys episode that sent Jerry and George to LA when Kramer was wanted for murder.