• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT-What's your favorite classic TV show and episode from that series?

94 posts in this topic

What about the one where Picard wrongly accuses the Superior Being of a heinous crime and he then promptly apologizes?

What superior being? Not sure which one you're referring to confused-smiley-013.gif

What about the one where Picard wrongly accuses the Superior Being of a heinous crime and he then promptly apologizes?

What superior being? Not sure which one you're referring to confused-smiley-013.gif

Q

Q

That was my first thought, but since I love the Q episodes and can't remember Picard accusing him of some "heinous crime," I figured he was talking about something else. confused-smiley-013.gif

Well, let's be honest here; it was Picard. Finding a being superior to him is about as hard falling into a pond and getting wet.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Q

That was my first thought, but since I love the Q episodes and can't remember Picard accusing him of some "heinous crime," I figured he was talking about something else. confused-smiley-013.gif

ST:TNG is one of my favorite series, with the Q episodes being at the top of the list of favorites. Along with the borg episodes. cloud9.gif

Along with the borg episodes. cloud9.gif

The Borg are--by FAR--the best sci-fi villains ever created on television. SO original! SO cool! Another great example of why accepting screenplays from the writing community at large is such an effective technique; it's hard for a staff writer to brainstorm an original villain like that.

The Borg are--by FAR--the best sci-fi villains ever created on television. SO original! SO cool! Another great example of why accepting screenplays from the writing community at large is such an effective technique; it's hard for a staff writer to brainstorm an original villain like that.

The amazing thing about the Borg was their ability to admit their mistakes and take accountability... truly a mark of a higher creature.

Q

I can't think of what episode he's talking about either, but I do love the Q episode. My favorite has got to be the one when the Q continueum (I can't speel today) took away his powers and made him human. The way he interacted with everyone was great.

"There are four lights!"

VERY memorable and great episode there!!!

My second favorite is the episode called "Darmok" where they encounter that race of people who communicate entirely by metaphor ("Darmok and Jihlad, at Tenagra"). I can't imagine that form of communication actually working in any realistic civilization (how would you be able to have LIBRARIES with trillions of words to pass on information if all you speak in are metaphors? confused-smiley-013.gif ), but still, I found the concept extremely cool.

I was a big fan of "Remington Steele".

Be honest... It was for Pierce Brosnan wasn't it?

I will not deny his appeal. But I thought Stephanie Zimbalist was great, too. I liked their chemistry, liked the premise, and just thought it was a very fun show. And Pierce was hot.

-- Joanna

The amazing thing about the Borg was their ability to admit their mistakes and take accountability... truly a mark of a higher creature.

Yes, but they only did that for races that deserved it. I don't think they assimilated species that were full of self-centered, arrogant dips. mad.gif

You're right, It was my fault, I am to blame.

"There are four lights!"

My second favorite is the episode called "Darmok" where they encounter that race of people who communicate entirely by metaphor ("Darmok and Jihlad, at Tenagra"). I can't imagine that form of communication actually working in any realistic civilization (how would you be able to have LIBRARIES with trillions of words to pass on information if all you speak in are metaphors? confused-smiley-013.gif ), but still, I found the concept extremely cool.

That was a really good one. "Picard, arms akimbo".

Is anyone old enough to remember the spate of superhero shows after the success of Batman? Mr. Nice and Captain Terrific come to mind. I was a wee lass and loved those shows, though I can't remember much about them. Just how much they appealed to the mind of comic book-lovin' little girl.

Then in the 70's we got Wonder Woman, and all was well with the world.

-- Joanna

Yes, but they only did that for races that deserved it. I don't think they assimilated species that were full of self-centered, arrogant dips. mad.gif

I can't think of the races of which you're speaking?

But remember that episode where Picard wrongly accused the Borg of that heinous crime and then promptly apologized for it?

That was a good one.

That Picard, always teaching. Always teaching.

"There are four lights!"

My second favorite is the episode called "Darmok"...

It's interesting to note that most of the favorite ST:TNG episodes being talked about here center around Picard.

He and Brent Spiner/Data were clearly the best actors in that ensemble cast.