• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What book in your collection would be the last you sell off?

72 posts in this topic

Probably this one because it's so cool and hard to find and I love the story:

GreatComics3.jpg

Cover to cover my favorite comic of all (thumbs u

GreatComics3.jpg

My favorite comic of all that I don't own. I should've bought yours back in the 90s when you quoted me some outrageous (I thought... at the time... who knew?) price for it. :tonofbricks:

GreatComics3.jpg

My favorite comic of all that I don't own. I should've bought yours back in the 90s when you quoted me some outrageous (I thought... at the time... who knew?) price for it. :tonofbricks:

I have a tendency to do that, and then regret it when someone says "Sure, I'll take it!" (Detective 31, anybody?).

Thank you for not saying "Sure, I'll take it!" (worship)

This one... because it looks 9.2 but a crease that barely breaks color brings it down to 6.5... I love the colors on it and it was the best book from all the gga books in the hollywood smoke shop collection, even nicer than the Phantom Lady 17. bb52frtop2nd.jpg

Love that one RR. Probably hard to find a better copy too.

My copy of Blue Beetle 49 is pretty beat up but still a fav.

4737915471_db66186f43_z.jpg

This one... because it looks 9.2 but a crease that barely breaks color brings it down to 6.5... I love the colors on it and it was the best book from all the gga books in the hollywood smoke shop collection, even nicer than the Phantom Lady 17. bb52frtop2nd.jpg

Absolutely gorgeous copy of BB #52 with almost glow in the dark colours that you have there! :cloud9:

Totally disagree with the Fine+ grade given to the book by CGC considering the sharp edges, beautiful colours, and otherwise flawless cover. They place far too much importance on creases, both colour breaking and non-colour breaking, at the expense of the overall visual appearance of the book.

I assume Borock must have had an irrational phobia of creases when he was collecting and ensured that this was incorporated into the undisclosed grading standards as developed by CGC. Either that, or it was part of CGG's original long-term business plan in terms of PCS and CGC resubmissions. hm