• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What happenned?

68 posts in this topic

Just wanted to say that I wasn't directing my post at you, rather I was using your post to prove my point.

Bring across a point the wrong way and people get nasty quickly.

It was going to start getting offensive. Once people start quoting religion, it leaves the door open for vicious mockery. People's beliefs are better left at home for discussion at the dinner table - not in a public forum. Mine included. I don't like public discussion of politics or religion.

I was just about to reply to the last post (Roy's) about how Balls' post was as offensive to some as the OP was to others... but pufff !!

Haha. Yeah - I was just going to answer it. And I agree - that yes, it is just as offensive to believers as quoting scripture as truth is to non-believers. I was gearing up for THUNDERDOME, BABY.

That's OK. Water off a ducks back!

Take care. (Kinda late ain't it for you guys? )

Just wanted to say that I wasn't directing my post at you, rather I was using your post to prove my point.

Bring across a point the wrong way and people get nasty quickly.

• Administrator

Religious debates are off topic for these boards. Not allowed. :)

Getting nasty in those debates before we can get around to removing them is gonna get somebody WRIST SLAPPED! BOOYAH!

No, I didn't. Just saying, be nice.

Can we get back to talking comics then ? It is after all .... Friday !! :banana:

Sure. I'll throw out a little Psylocke - how's that work?

tumblr_lpf5jsN3IO1qa9a20o1_500.jpg

It was going to start getting offensive. Once people start quoting religion, it leaves the door open for vicious mockery. People's beliefs are better left at home for discussion at the dinner table - not in a public forum. Mine included. I don't like public discussion of politics or religion.

I disagree.

We've had multiple discussions in heavy detail on the subject in the Watercooler and managed to keep it healthy, productive and peaceful.

Those that want to participate peacefully can, those that can't restrain themselves just need to keep out.

The aggression that some people can bring out when people bring a differing point of view is juvenile and found on all sides of the fence, but it's not always that way.

Getting nasty in those debates before we can get around to removing them is gonna get somebody WRIST SLAPPED! BOOYAH!

So speaketh the voice of reason....

I was kinda gearing up for some wrist-slapping blasphemy, but it's probably good the thread got locked. We can focus on more important, curvaceous things.

Can I be a moderator?

:foryou:

Can we get back to talking comics then ? It is after all .... Friday !! :banana:

Time to dance with Kate.....

d95bc39f2979cc2cb5f6fc4abc1516ba.gif

I'd be dancing in a different fashion with this one...

Lambada, the Forbidden Dance?

I disagree.

We've had multiple discussions in heavy detail on the subject in the Watercooler and managed to keep it healthy, productive and peaceful.

Those that want to participate peacefully can, those that can't restrain themselves just need to keep out.

The aggression that some people can bring out when people bring a differing point of view is juvenile and found on all sides of the fence, but it's not always that way.

Those that can't restrain themselves on a public messageboard? That's like 98% of everyone on the internet! :o

I'm not a fan of that topic because it always seems to turn caustic no matter where it comes up, and the discussions only seem to entrench those who believe or don't believe. I'm sure there's plenty who can discuss it civilly - but it's not often it happens.