• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB: Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers

19 posts in this topic

OK, I'll admit it. I LOVE THE FREAK BROTHERS. I'm looking for FIRST PRINTINGS of any Freak Brothers books, and would love to hear from anybody who has them. Because, and always remember:

"Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope." 27_laughing.gif

You have a thing for titles with 2 or more F's in them, don't you?

laugh.gif

27_laughing.gif i guess I do! Makes it easy to file stuff. Seriously, "Grass Roots" from FFFB #5 is one of the best comics I've ever read.

Thanks for the tip, tho' I wished I'd known about 6 months ago. I think some later prints were for sale at the local book store. I'll have to swing by and check if they are still there.

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

How many you looking for? There was a stack of them (maybe 20 or so) in that junk collection I found the All Winners in. I can call the LCS and see if he can pull them.

Are first printings marked as first printings/ Or are only the later printings marked? I may have some ist printings of some of the later issues,as well as Fat Freddys Cat.I used to deal direct with Rip-off press around the time of Miami Mice.

How many you looking for? There was a stack of them (maybe 20 or so) in that junk collection I found the All Winners in. I can call the LCS and see if he can pull them.

They need to be first prints, but I'd be interested in all of them. I'll send you a way tonight to determine if they're first printings.

Send me that info as well if you would. I have a low grade #1 that I think might be a 1st, but I honestly can't remember. My Underground Price Guide (still very valuable for identifying editions) disappeared several years ago. Here's a scan- I seem to remember that the 1st can be determined by some color difference on the front(?):

fffb_01.jpg

Also, I have copies of #3, #4, #5 with pence prices... Weird? I'm not sure. They have "50p" stickers placed over "45p" orignal cover markings. I expect that these are not 1st printings, at least not 1st US printings... Published by "Hassle-Free Press" in London, and the indicia states "Not for Sale in the US or Canada"

Here's #3:

fffb_03.jpg

PM me if you want.

Any info on the UK prints?

I've seen many different copies of the first few issues, but I've never come across any other British editions. I got them several years ago from an older friend who had probably bought them new. No info about them on the excellent UG site.

You can have this one if you need it. Copyrite 1980 which is the same as the cartoon on the inside front cover. No charge as it fits into my collection, not at all.

freak.jpg

For the Collected Adventures of the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers #1, on the rear cover, there is an American flag; the first two prints are distinguished by the absence of the stars on the flag. For a a first printing, a part of the brown overlay is missing at the top right corner of the cover to the left of the word "America" -- leaving an orange area on the wall -- whereas the second print has no orange area on the wall.

If Howard doesn't hook you up with any copies FD, feel free to send me a PM thumbsup2.gif