• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Uncanny Tales #35 (With better pics)

7 posts in this topic

I picked this up today at an estate sale at a whopping price of $2.50. This is a beaut. The major defects I see are...

Front cover: About 3 or 4 tiny NCB creases along spine. I couldn't see them until I held it to the light.

Back Cover: small fold ULBC (see pic below)

IMG_1859.jpg

IMG_1775.jpg

This pic doesn't do the BC justice. It is bone white in hand.

IMG_6916.jpg

Pages appear to be OW

IMG_2868.jpg

Here's the fold. The biggest defect this book has.

Thanks everyone for looking and sharing any thoughts/comments.

(Thumbs u

Yes sir. G.I. Combat52, Our Fighting Forces 19(those two are in the war section in silver), an early Star Spangle War Stories (can't remember which number, within the first ten issues after it changed to war stories) Lone Rangers Famous Horse Hi-Yo Silver 15(also in high grade, probably better than this issue) and Girl's Loves Stories 71 for the girlfriend. All at $2.50 a pop.

I saw this book in person today, let me tell you the pictures do not do it justice at all! Back cover is blinding white. Cover colors are very bright. Pages are OWW or better. It has a very light non-color breaking bend on 1/4 of the right side of the front cover that can easily be pressed out, the bend at the top corner of the back cover and a few minor spine ticks. Staples are clean and the CF is firmly attached. No acidic odor to the book at all.

In it's current state probably an 8.5. The book would benefit from a press IMO for the minor bend of the outer front cover. Overall a very nice copy.