• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

closed

29 posts in this topic

I know this looks bad and it has nothing to do with what has just been said in the thread (the price is what I wanted for it) but I made up my mind last night to put the book on hold because I had second thoughts on letting it go (was gonna start getting rid of my SA books instead), and when I came back to the thread to put the book on hold, filter had just posted the :takeit: so I felt stuck in a hard place. I don't know what the forum etiquette is on a situation like that but I like this place and don't wanna be labeled a dishonest seller here so I'm honoring the sale.

Hmmm? I don't understand. Are you asking for opinions or is this just a stream of consciousness post? (shrug)

I know this looks bad and it has nothing to do with what has just been said in the thread (the price is what I wanted for it) but I made up my mind last night to put the book on hold because I had second thoughts on letting it go (was gonna start getting rid of my SA books instead), and when I came back to the thread to put the book on hold, filter had just posted the :takeit: so I felt stuck in a hard place. I don't know what the forum etiquette is on a situation like that but I like this place and don't wanna be labeled a dishonest seller here so I'm honoring the sale.

I suggest you PM Filter and tell him you had a change of heart, before he has to read it here. ( and before the pile-up begins)

I did pm him. I don't feel good about any of this but i'm being completely 100% honest when I say I came back to the thread to pull the book before I saw the i'll take it posted. On thinking it over I just would rather list my SA books instead of the all-select as it was much more of a keeper. I know the mess is about to hit the fan, and this will probably get me in the hall of shame but like I said, it's not over the price, it's was just a change of heart

Woah. I doubt most boardies will force you to sell something you don't want to sell. Maybe there's a concession to be made toward Adam? Though I have no idea what that would be. Perhaps a post in Comics General extolling the virtues of his character and explaining in detail how handsome he is.

I don't wish to be a hard case on this but if you bought it once, you can buy it again. Just an opinion but I think you mark the book, "sold", and move on. :sorry: It's just a funny book.

And then consider this thread closed as no good can come of musing over this in public. :sumo:

i would contact the buyer via pm and explain the situation. i dont know adam have never talked to him. if you changed your mind about seeling the book why would he care? its not like you took his money and are now saying you dont want to sell the book.

he may be interested in buying some of your silver age for that matter.

on a message board that is all about the hobby and the love of collecting comic books i couldnt see where anyone would be a hard arse about something like that. wouldnt matter to me if you decided not to sell.

i have bought what i consider some high dollar books from sellers here. most have been kind enough to let me make time payments. everything has been fine. i once made a deal to purchase a book that i really wanted and then i had a death in my family. i had to pay for the funeral and it left me tapped out for a month or so. the seller was really cool about it and let me out of the deal. things happen. no big deal.