• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has Anyone Been Exposed To Something That Might Give You Super-Powers?

108 posts in this topic

I work at the only Uranium enrichment plant in the U.S. that uses the gaseous diffusion process and I think I'm normal.

That water looks like a stream near where I work. :o

Is that Paducah?

Yes it is.

I almost went there a few years back but ended up here at Hanford. Hence, my user name high rad art (instead of area). It's a small world and so it doesn't look like I'm straying from the OP - I do not glow in the dark (much). lol

I mean something that you got into that was so bizarre, that you would only see happen in comic books.

hm

Like wallowing around in toxic ooze...

gross.jpg

:facepalm:

Feel free to run amok, amok, amok.

...with stories.

Disclaimer: stories about microwaving spiders to get them radiated and mad so they bite you are strictly forbidden. :sumo:

Other than the U.S. Army spraying a combination of mogas and water to keep the dust down in the Pinon Canyon Maneuver Site in Colorado - which we had to drive behind - nothing I can think of.

:(

Or how about the front and rear sighting mechanism on the M16A1. I think it made my eyes super-powered.

The radioactive material used in this rifle is tritium gas (H3) sealed in a glass tube. It poses no significant hazard to the repairman when intact. The source illuminates the front sight for night operations. Tampering with or removal of the source in the field is prohibited by Federal law. In the event there is no illumination, notify the local Radiological Protection Officer. Do not attempt to repair or replace the sight in the field! If skin contact is made with any area contaminated with tritium, immediately wash with nonabrasive soap and water.

Lord, the things we played with every day, and luckily never were exposed to harmful agents.

I almost went there a few years back but ended up here at Hanford. Hence, my user name high rad art (instead of area). It's a small world and so it doesn't look like I'm straying from the OP - I do not glow in the dark (much). lol
No, it's OK. I just created this nonsense thread (I've been repairing my waterfall this afternoon) so we all can get to know one another on these boards through these kinds of "small world" connections. (thumbs u

I mean something that you got into that was so bizarre, that you would only see happen in comic books.

hm

gross.jpg

...with stories.

Disclaimer: stories about microwaving spiders to get them radiated and mad so they bite you are strictly forbidden. :sumo:

Other than the U.S. Army spraying a combination of mogas and water to keep the dust down in the Pinon Canyon Maneuver Site in Colorado - which we had to drive behind - nothing I can think of.

Or how about the front and rear sighting mechanism on the M16A1. I think it made my eyes super-powered.

The radioactive material used in this rifle is tritium gas (H3) sealed in a glass tube. It poses no significant hazard to the repairman when intact. The source illuminates the front sight for night operations. Tampering with or removal of the source in the field is prohibited by Federal law. In the event there is no illumination, notify the local Radiological Protection Officer. Do not attempt to repair or replace the sight in the field! If skin contact is made with any area contaminated with tritium, immediately wash with nonabrasive soap and water.

Lord, the things we played with every day, and luckily never were exposed to harmful agents.

Having been a RPO (HP) - With H3 having a half life of only 12.5 years and it being in gas form, I would say you were quite safe from a rad standpoint. The other chemicals are a different story...

hm

gross.jpg

...with stories.

Having been a RPO (HP) - With H3 having a half life of only 12.5 years and it being in gas form, I would say you were quite safe from a rad standpoint. The other chemicals are a different story...

:whee: and :fear: at the same time. lol

Thanks, though. I always wondered as we would have to brief our platoons about the sighting mechanism when breaking down weapons after a rifle range. You should have seen the looks on most faces when "radioactive material" was mentioned.

I used to cut up and melt lead pipe. Boy did that stuff stink. Then, I would go in and have lunch without washing my hands. I am so thankful for the powers I recieved from this. :cloud9:

I used to cut up and melt lead pipe. Boy did that stuff stink. Then, I would go in and have lunch without washing my hands. I am so thankful for the powers I recieved from this. :cloud9:

:o

My dad worked in a chemical plant for 34 years, and periodically handled mercury. I always thought he would die young from all that he dealt with.

He turned 81 last month. :cloud9:

I install and trouble shoot x-ray systems for dental offices. I 'm thinking there is some kind of exposure that I can use to my benefit, like Hulk strength or Daredevil senses, maybe a wall crawler, but alas.. nothing yet..

Yeah, I've been exposed to small, but healthy doses of Bosco for the past few years. The only "side effect" I can notice is a more positive appreciation for the Copper Age. :cloud9:

DSC05197Large.jpg

hm

gross.jpg

...with stories.

And why exactly are you carrying a sledge hammer into muck?

You never know, SwampThing might pop out. :baiting: