• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kapow - London 19/20 May 2012

28 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Early days I know (although the con schedule is not quite as full here in the UK...) - but is anyone planning on going to Kapow this year?

Any word on whether CGC will be in attendance or - more likely I guess - any third party facilitators?

Guest list looks decent. Headliners are Quesada and Snyder.

Adam

DC ENTERTAINMENT TO SHOWCASE BEFORE WATCHMEN, DC COMICS-THE NEW 52 AND VERTIGO AT KAPOW!

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2012/04/04/dc-entertainment-to-showcase-%E2%80%9Cbefore-watchmen%E2%80%9D-dc-comics-the-new-52-and-vertigo-at

Two things I find funny about that announcement:

1) not one of the Before Watchmen creators are attending; and

2) the fact that they say Kapow is happening "a small number of weeks" before the books come out - was it too much effort to work out that it's two weeks?!

Anyway, good to see the event getting some pub.

WHO WANTS A CGC FACILITATOR???

DWC is proud to announce that we are an Authorized CGC Signature Series Facilitator for this show and will be accepting mail in Signature Series submissions as well as onsite submissions (by appointment). Details will be announced shortly.

The mail-in submission deadline for US customers will be May 4th. For more information please e-mail us at questions@desertwindcomics.com and you must put KAPOW in the subject line.

This announcement adds some credibility to the event. I wish they'd announce dealers though as actual old comics seem to be a afterthought at this show.

I don't think that back issue dealers are really the focus of Kapow, I'll be interested to see which ones will go this year out of curiosity though.

Hello would any UK boardies be able to help me out I’m trying to get a quick sketch for Steve Parkhouse to go with my sandman book

Im trying to get me a sketch from Steve Parkhouse on a blank shipping label

That way I can just slap in my sandman book, like a book plate I think it would look bad *spoon*. It’s just a blank shipping label that way if nothing happens no one cares but if he does sketch it awesome

to see what im talking about take a look

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=77013

Hello would any UK boardies be able to help me out Im trying to get a quick sketch for Steve Parkhouse to go with my sandman book

Im trying to get me a sketch from Steve Parkhouse on a blank shipping label

That way I can just slap in my sandman book, like a book plate I think it would look bad *spoon*. Its just a blank shipping label that way if nothing happens no one cares but if he does sketch it awesome

to see what im talking about take a look

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=77013

PM sent

Ok, wasn't going to this but I've been given a pass for the Sunday. The website as per last year sucks and is very light on info.

Anyone got any inside info on who will be signing when? The site lists panels and gives an artists alley list, but I have no idea if those I want sigs from will be signing on the Sunday.

All info greatly appreciated. Cheers. (thumbs u