• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Arrow" TV Show on CW Network
1 1

2,208 posts in this topic

If only Marvel would learn, they might make a decent-looking DareDevil costume, as well as a better Captain America one.

-slym

Or Spider-Man.

I'm not a fan of the thick textured look.

DC ain't completely innocent of this as well,

re: Superman's latest threads. :eyeroll:

If only Marvel would learn, they might make a decent-looking DareDevil costume, as well as a better Captain America one.

-slym

Or Spider-Man.

I'm not a fan of the thick textured look.

DC ain't completely innocent of this as well,

re: Superman's latest threads. :eyeroll:

Yup. They all seem to by copying one another.

so DC sucks at making movies, but rocks at TV, and Marvel sucks at TV and rocks at Movies.

I think its as simple as this:

Warner Brothers owns DC, they let the CW handle all their comic properties generally speaking. The CW has a history (Buffy, Angel, Veronica Mars, etc.) with genre TV, and is a channel built more around building up fandoms and devotees rather than win the all out ratings war for the time slot cough Agents of Shield.

Marvel's Cinematic Universe falls under Disney's ownership and bags of gold doubloons, and we all know they've got the formula figured out.

I finally watched the latest episode last night. I like the dynamics of Team Arrow. Felicity is a great character and is fun to watch.

Every time I watch this show I like it a little bit more. I can't quite put my finger on why, but the writers have done a great job in bringing the comic book experience to the screen and that may have a lot to do with it. I'm looking forward to Flash and hope it has the same sort of feel to it.

Conversely, I was really looking forward to Agents of Shield, but after forcing myself to sit through a half dozen episodes I just couldn't stand it anymore and haven't watched it since.

It's a comic-book reality and with CGI technology they CAN nail the look spot-on without a problem. Whether fan dedication to detail can win over hollywoodising it remains to be seen.