• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your favorite Modern covers

259 posts in this topic

Ok, as a break from the barrage of speculation and Walking Dead threads, I thought I'd attempt to take us back to our roots. To the thing that made us fall in love with this hobby. The beauty of the art.

As such, I'm sure all of us on the rare occassion have walked into our LCS and experienced that "love at first sight" kind of moment over a certain cover. A cover that strikes you as blindingly awesome. You can't explain it. Perhaps it's the colors. Or maybe the dynamic action of the character. Or a fresh new artist that simply takes your breath away. But we all have those extra special covers that we hold high above all others and had, just HAD, to purchase that issue for it alone.

So let's see 'em! Show us your absolute favorite Modern covers. Here's several of mine....

adventurers1variant-1.jpg

realm1.jpg

MoonKnight57-2.jpg

PenthouseComix1-1.jpg

Cavewoman1.jpg

I showed this one the other day. I hadn't had this "love at first cover sight" feeling in years, until a few months ago when this one jumped out at me. I actually caught my breath with it....

Venom9cover.jpg

I was 18 and collected non-sports cards and the like. One day I went into my lcs (the only place to buy cards like that) and when paying they guy had this as his pick of the week on the counter, hot off the presses...

ladydeath1.jpg

I had to have it!!!( I think it was the Chromium cover) I have been hooked on Lady D and comics in general ever since.

That Lady Death cover is classic. And yep, extra shiny with the chromium. I had a similar experience as you, except I was a insufficiently_thoughtful_person and decided against buying it at the time. Stared at it for probably ten minutes, waffling back and forth. But told myself that the "bad girl" craze would end soon and no one would care, regardless of how incredible that cover looked. I actually walked out of that LCS proud of my self-control. doh! I regretted that decision for years afterward when it became a $50 book overnight.

I don't know why I like this cover so much

thor_ipod.jpg

Unless those earbuds are an inch and a half long, he's not hearing anything through the feathers... :grin:

maybe those feathers are the Beats by Dre Norse edition?