• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detective 66 bargan priced petigree! (Price drop, paypal and title revamp!)

27 posts in this topic

:news: Final price drop... $1350 will get this to you shipped in the US :news:

------

Original post:

For your viewing pleasure, a Detective 66 for sale! It's from the David Crippen collection, a "D" copy. It has been graded as a 4 by CGC. It is unpressed and uncleaned so it is possible it could be better. However, I am a novice in the way of pressing and cleaning so please, don't count on an improvement in grade for such things.

For consideration, there is another 66 on eBay at this moment, 3-20-12, that claims to be VG+ for $1350, unslabbed, and another 4.5 CGC graded copy at $1200.

That being said, mine will cost you more! If you'd want this slabbed pedigree copy of Detective 66, the first appearance of Two Face, you must pay me $1500 via a US Postal Money Order to have it arrive at your door. (Yes, $1500 will get it shipped, fully insured to your address, within the US.) If you live within an hour's drive of Bethlehem, PA, you can give me $1400 in cash and take the book in a face to face exchange. I also can cover much of northern and central NJ as well.

:news: Despite my dislike of Paypal, given the suggestion of Skypinkblu, I will accept Paypal for this. :news:

You can see the raw scans of the book in the grade me thread. Here My printer hates the slabs, so this is the best one I have of that:

slabbeddet66.jpg

Thanks for looking.

For your viewing pleasure, a Detective 66 for sale! It's from the David Crippen collection, a "D" copy. It has been graded as a 4 by CGC. It is unpressed and uncleaned so it is possible it could be better. However, I am a novice in the way of pressing and cleaning so please, don't count on an improvement in grade for such things.

For consideration, there is another 66 on eBay at this moment, 3-20-12, that claims to be VG+ for $1350, unslabbed, and another 4.5 CGC graded copy at $1200.

That being said, mine will cost you more! If you'd want this slabbed pedigree copy of Detective 66, the first appearance of Two Face, you must pay me $1500 via a US Postal Money Order to have it arrive at your door. (Yes, $1500 will get it shipped, fully insured to your address, within the US.) If you live within an hour's drive of Bethlehem, PA, you can give me $1400 in cash and take the book in a face to face exchange. I also can cover much of northern and central NJ as well.

You can see the raw scans of the book in the grade me thread. Here My printer hates the slabs, so this is the best one I have of that:

slabbeddet66.jpg

Thanks for looking.

det66front.jpg

and

det66back.jpg

I want to see who sends a new board member a postal money order for $1500. Especially when he advertises that you can get a higher graded one on eBay (from a Top Rated Seller with 3000+ feedback, who accepts PayPal with buyer protection) for $1200 shipped.

Think it's that eBay seller shilling, to create the impression that the one on eBay is a good deal?

I want to see who sends a new board member a postal money order for $1500. Especially when he advertises that you can get a higher graded one on eBay (from a Top Rated Seller with 3000+ feedback, who accepts PayPal with buyer protection) for $1200 shipped.

Think it's that eBay seller shilling, to create the impression that the one on eBay is a good deal?

:signfunny:

If anyone has any doubts, please feel free to use any local eastern PA or NJ shop or established member as a middle-man broker. I'll be happy to pay the shop/member a $25 premium to act as the middle man if it elevates any fears due to my newness. I also offered to make a face to face exchange, at a discount, which should address any concerns. If you need the ID number on the book, it is 0189935002. You can look the book over in person and make a decision. Or, as mentioned, have your agent do so.

I posted the other Det 66s available because I know I am charging a premium. By listing the other books, I take away the inevitable argument that someone would use to send a PM saying "hey, there's another 66 for X, so you should sell yours to me for cheaper." I know what else is out there and I'm happy with my price. It avoids the unnecessary messages and discourages people from trying to low-ball me.

Finally, if this doesn't eventually sell here or to another dealer, it will be listed on eBay. It will be easy enough to track--there is only 1 Crippen Det 66. My eBay name is Tatamybassman. I am paranoid about eBay/Paypal in general. My wife uses it a fair amount and she's had enough problems with payments, items being wrongly labeled, stuff not arriving and problems processing payments, that I really want to avoid dealing with it if I can. I may end up there, but it's almost an option of last resort.

Now, your response could have been in jest, but I thought I'd address it none the less to ensure that people don't get the wrong impression.

If anyone has any doubts, please feel free to use any local eastern PA or NJ shop or established member as a middle-man broker. I'll be happy to pay the shop/member a $25 premium to act as the middle man if it elevates any fears due to my newness. I also offered to make a face to face exchange, at a discount, which should address any concerns. If you need the ID number on the book, it is 0189935002. You can look the book over in person and make a decision. Or, as mentioned, have your agent do so.

I posted the other Det 66s available because I know I am charging a premium. By listing the other books, I take away the inevitable argument that someone would use to send a PM saying "hey, there's another 66 for X, so you should sell yours to me for cheaper." I know what else is out there and I'm happy with my price. It avoids the unnecessary messages and discourages people from trying to low-ball me.

Finally, if this doesn't eventually sell here or to another dealer, it will be listed on eBay. It will be easy enough to track--there is only 1 Crippen Det 66. My eBay name is Tatamybassman. I am paranoid about eBay/Paypal in general. My wife uses it a fair amount and she's had enough problems with payments, items being wrongly labeled, stuff not arriving and problems processing payments, that I really want to avoid dealing with it if I can. I may end up there, but it's almost an option of last resort.

Now, your response could have been in jest, but I thought I'd address it none the less to ensure that people don't get the wrong impression.

:applause:

Good for you...it was an inappropriate post for him to make anyway. Nice to see you take it in stride despite it. Good luck with the sale and welcome to the boards (thumbs u

:applause:

Good for you...it was an inappropriate post for him to make anyway. Nice to see you take it in stride despite it. Good luck with the sale and welcome to the boards (thumbs u

:golfclap:

Welcome to the boards, great book!

I would just like to offer a suggestion...since you are new. If you try to sell the book on eBay, you will have to take Paypal. I believe you would do much better here, if you offered that as an option.

People like to use credit cards, especially with a new person, so they have protection.

I would just like to offer a suggestion...since you are new. If you try to sell the book on eBay, you will have to take Paypal. I believe you would do much better here, if you offered that as an option.

People like to use credit cards, especially with a new person, so they have protection.

Now that is the way to nicely welcome folks and offer some valuable advice at the same time :applause:

Why is it that Sharon is always so much better at this than me??? :cry:

Now that is the way to nicely welcome folks and offer some valuable advice at the same time :applause:

Duh!

Because Sharon is a sweetheart and you are a mute ninja killer.

Thank you.

I have added Paypal to the original post. I still hate Paypal but you are correct that if I were to put it on eBay, I would take Paypal there so I might as well here.

Duh!

Because Sharon is a sweetheart and you are a mute ninja killer.