• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone else reading the current Brubaker/Davis run of Capt. America?

5 posts in this topic

I've never been a big Captain America fan, but I'm a pretty big Alan Davis fan all the way back to Excalibur in the late eighties. i jumped on board when Alan Davis and Farmer took over the art duties. I'm surprised to find that I'm actually enjoying the depowered story line. There's a whole lot of villains that I'm unfamiliar with and probably most of the main characters but I'm finding the story to be a good jumping on point.

And I think Davis and Farmer are doing a good job with the art. Overall, I like it and I'm surprised. (thumbs u

I've never been a big Captain America fan, but I'm a pretty big Alan Davis fan all the way back to Excalibur in the late eighties. i jumped on board when Alan Davis and Farmer took over the art duties. I'm surprised to find that I'm actually enjoying the depowered story line. There's a whole lot of villains that I'm unfamiliar with and probably most of the main characters but I'm finding the story to be a good jumping on point.

And I think Davis and Farmer are doing a good job with the art. Overall, I like it and I'm surprised. (thumbs u

Agreed! I'm definitely digging this arc and think Davis and Farmer are doing an outstanding job! (thumbs u

Ugh. Worth picking back up again? I was very displeased when the Cap run prior to Brubaker's *first* Cap run was stopped and re-numbered, but I ended up really really enjoying Brubaker's take. Then Reborn was just stupid... then they renumbered Cap again... and then they started a new series... again. I gave up.

If you like Alan Davis it might be worth it. I have never bought a Captain America book in my life and I'm solely reading it on the strength of enjoyment of Alan Davis.

Like I said, surprisingly I like more than just the art.