• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ultimate Spider-Man #1 CGC 9.6 SS Stan Lee Signed Variant 4/100

13 posts in this topic

I'm offering up for sale Ultimate Spider-Man #1 (from 2011) that's the Stan Lee signed variant. It also has the extra line by Stan Lee that says "With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility". It's number 4 out of 100.

This is the signed edition! Only 100 produced and signed by Stan Lee in his offices in the presence of Joe Pierson of CGC. These 100 copies were then put back into circulation with the regular print run and polybagged. They have slightly different front cover (Says Variant + is lighter), and if I recall a completely different back cover (the certificate of authenticity is printed on the back). Only the first 10 of 100 were signed "With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility". For more information on the rarity of this book check this CGC News Article:

http://www.cgccomics.com/news/viewarticle.aspx?IDArticle=2355&Ultimate-Comics-Spider-Man-#1

Yeah, these babies aren't easy to come by, and it was even a news story when one was found in Australia! It's CGC'd at 9.6 but it's in great condition and I'm sure would make other Spider-Man fans incredibly happy to have.

Ultimate-Spider-Man-1.jpg

This is a scan of the actual comic, but my scanner is small so I had to do it in halves and then photoshop them together. If you're worried about it, I can take a full picture and shoot it to you, but I figured I'd get a higher quality image this way.

I'm asking $5000 for it (includes shipping, unless it's outside of the US) and will hear offers as well. However, anyone who PMs/posts here that they'll take it, gets priority and takes it. Paypal is preferred.

What do you mean that "they" were put back into circulation (in polybags) after being signed? Do you mean that people bought pollybagged isues, thinking they were just buying the "regular" edition, and found out they got a signed copy. Then that copy was sent in to CGC and slabbed as a Signature Series?

What do you mean that "they" were put back into circulation (in polybags) after being signed? Do you mean that people bought pollybagged isues, thinking they were just buying the "regular" edition, and found out they got a signed copy. Then that copy was sent in to CGC and slabbed as a Signature Series?

Yes, like an inserted sports card. CGC witnessed the sig of each book, before they were all poly bagged and put into circulation. Hence, they get the yellow label When found and submitted (thumbs u

Wow. Next time someone states there are no rare bronze, copper or modern books. I will try to remember this one.

Oh man I tell you it was entirely by luck that I happened to snag this. I mean, I didn't even buy this issue until nearly a month after it originally went on sale. I didn't even know about this promotion at the time. I just went into my regular comic book shop, saw them in bags and just grabbed the first one on the shelf.

I damn near threw my wife out of bed when I opened the poly bag and saw what was inside. Then I went online and saw how rare it was and how even more rare the first 10 were.

Yes, like an inserted sports card. CGC witnessed the sig of each book, before they were all poly bagged and put into circulation. Hence, they get the yellow label When found and submitted (thumbs u

Wow that is awesome. Makes me want to open my still polybagged copy.