• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Experience with storing comics in an air-tight safe?

28 posts in this topic

I prefer a safe that "breathes" to ensure that moisture does not get trapped, regardless of what I'm keeping in it.

A product called " Eva-dry" absords any moisture in the safe. Keeps collectables and guns from having problems. These are available at most gun stores and stores that sell safes. When the chrystals change pink, you take it and plug it into an outlet for about an hour. It dries out the chrystals and your good for another month. I personally have the E - 333 model.

http://evadry.reachlocal.com/?scid=1277528&kw=8183758&pub_cr_id=7189349689

Yeah, I use the "Remington" branded version. Same product, just different branding. They help, but circulation is still fairly important. Found this out the hard way several years ago. I keep five of these in the safe. A little overkill, but I like the peace of mind and it ensures that there's always a couple of units in the safe while the others are being charged.

I've posted this pic before. I don't keep all my books in the safe, just the most expensive or hard to find.

safe.jpg

Are all of those handguns? Are you preparing for the zombie apocalypse or just a home intruder attempting to take your prized bronze bats?

Being from the UK, the sight of all those handguns kinda makes me nervous :fear:

Can't you just defend yourselves with cricket bats and tepid cups of tea like civilised people?

I prefer a safe that "breathes" to ensure that moisture does not get trapped, regardless of what I'm keeping in it.

A product called " Eva-dry" absords any moisture in the safe. Keeps collectables and guns from having problems. These are available at most gun stores and stores that sell safes. When the chrystals change pink, you take it and plug it into an outlet for about an hour. It dries out the chrystals and your good for another month. I personally have the E - 333 model.

Yeah, I use the "Remington" branded version. Same product, just different branding. They help, but circulation is still fairly important. Found this out the hard way several years ago. I keep five of these in the safe. A little overkill, but I like the peace of mind and it ensures that there's always a couple of units in the safe while the others are being charged.

I've posted this pic before. I don't keep all my books in the safe, just the most expensive or hard to find.

safe.jpg

I want to know what's in the safe within the safe :devil:

safe.jpg

I want to know what's in the safe within the safe :devil:

A giant phonebook with all the women named Sarah Connor highlighted.

:grin:

No matter how long I've collected or how many precautions I've taken, it still keeps me up at night knowing that comics are decaying paper. As we post, our comics are decaying, turning more and more brittle.

Maybe you would sleep better if you sold your funny books and bought diamonds. I grown man collecting comic books...really!