• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New look Metropolis

42 posts in this topic

When you get to the page for an individual book, in addition to "Buy Now,"

there's a "Make Offer" button.

gozer

--------------------------------------------

These wieners will give me the quick energy I need to escape.

When you get to the page for an individual book, in addition to "Buy Now,"

there's a "Make Offer" button.

893whatthe.gif

I must check this out! sumo.gif

Okay, I'm clearly lame. Even when I'm looking at a particular book on the site, I don't see the "make an offer" option.

Vince, if you're out there, what am I doing wrong?

Okay, I'm clearly lame. Even when I'm looking at a particular book on the site, I don't see the "make an offer" option.

Vince, if you're out there, what am I doing wrong?

You have to click on a book that has a picture available (not necissarily the actual book but it has to at least have a stock image). You click on the picture and then when the next page loads there is an option for "Make an Offer" under the list price that is in large text.

Like this page http://pages.metropoliscomics.com/365/PictPage/1922277584.html

Same here. I was going to try it out, but the book I wanted to do it on didn't have a picture available. maybe they are still tweaking it out since they haven't advertised it yet.

>>>> maybe they are still tweaking it

I've been disappointed in it so far.

I made an offer through their system about a week ago, and have heard

nothing back. Which is a little irritating.

IMO, they need to respond to ALL offers, even if it's "no thanks."

Does no response mean "no" or does it mean we're thinking about it, or what?

gozer

---------------------------

Ladies and Gentleman, I've been to Vietnam, Afghanistan, and Iraq;

and I can say without hyperbole that this is a million times worse than

all of them put together.

somehow I get th efeeling its Metro that has to get used to"offers" on books at below their sticker prices. They never were very receptive in person before, I have some difficulty they like ANY lower offers at all.

I get the feeling that whatever vendor they're using to outsource their "buy on-line" functionality has a canned "make an offer" function. I highly doubt that Metro wants it or will utilize it.

I just wish they would tweak the search engine and add a search field for pedigree books. They have the comment field in place so it would be a simple matter to tie it to a search option. As for the new bid option...those that have dealt with Metropolis know that the offer needs to be very close to the ask price...

I "made an offer" at 4% lower than their asking price on one book . They responded quickly, but unfortunately my offer was declined.

If they are not accepting an offer 4% lower, why bother having that option?

I "made an offer" at 4% lower than their asking price on one book . They responded quickly, but unfortunately my offer was declined. frown.gif

I don't think that they will accept any offers to be honest frown.gif

I "made an offer" at 4% lower than their asking price on one book . They responded quickly, but unfortunately my offer was declined. frown.gif

How much are we talking about? 4% on a $100 book? or 4% on a $10,000 book?