• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Captain America #109

9 posts in this topic

Hey all, picked this nice one up on ebay. Colors look great on cap himself... Not completely White, more a little Off White... This was a VF Purchase... So im hoping in the 7.5 - 8 range ( Hopefully more in the 8 we shall see ) .. and i guess another question is this a case for a nice pressing ??

CaptainAmerica109FrontScan.jpg

CaptainAmerica109BackScan.jpg

It does a very little bit .. im guessing that will still impact it ?? And what would that fall into , a loose cover, comic not properly centered ??

like george, the newsprint has experienced some shrinkage, causing the cover to overhang.

ahhh shrinkage, okay i was wondering what would the be considered, Would that be something that may have happened due to time and aging , or is that more maybe a printing error ?? So it still can be graded , but i guess something like that will impact the grade alot .

ahhh shrinkage, okay i was wondering what would the be considered, Would that be something that may have happened due to time and aging , or is that more maybe a printing error ?? So it still can be graded , but i guess something like that will impact the grade alot .
CGC may or may not grade it, depending on how bad the overhang is. They sent me a book back once because of a overhang. Their concern is, that the book may get damages if it shifts inside the slab.

time/age/storage conditions. it affects the grade some. as long as it hasn't started chipping too much or isn't brittle, you might be able to press it out. if you want to be really cheap about it, you can even carefully but firmly "press" it back into shape somewhat with your fingers.