• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Still looking for Death/Funeral/Reign of Superman pages

18 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I was hoping someone in the know could help me out with any info on pages from DOS.

I never realized how difficult is is to find DOS pages and thought I'd take my chances here in hopes of finding something.

If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd be so appreciative!

I grew up on Superman and this awesome story is the most memorable piece from my childhood.

I would be so grateful for any insight or help.

Kind regards,

Jason

Hi Jason,

I know there are a couple of key pages from both KNIGHTFALL and DOS,

that are hanging on the artists walls as the personal pages they decided

to keep....

The ones I know of are:

- the SUPERMAN #75 page in which Superman is storming forward.

- and the KNIGHTFALL title splash which has Bane lifting Batman (first page).

As far as I know both are still owned by Dan Jurgens and Graham Nolan.

Maybe if you'd offer the "offers they can't refuse", you'd be able to do

something about it...

Best,

Gal

P.S: recently, I discovered that a Jurgens piece I'd bought I had much more

to do with DOS than I thought... I found out only after I'd bought it so it was

a nice surprise:

http://qurls.com?i=50984

The ones I know of are:

- the SUPERMAN #75 page in which Superman is storming forward.

- and the KNIGHTFALL title splash which has Bane lifting Batman (first page).

As far as I know both are still owned by Dan Jurgens and Graham Nolan.

Gal - Thanks for sharing! Nice research.

Hello everyone,

I was hoping someone in the know could help me out with any info on pages from DOS.

I never realized how difficult is is to find DOS pages and thought I'd take my chances here in hopes of finding something.

If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd be so appreciative!

I grew up on Superman and this awesome story is the most memorable piece from my childhood.

I would be so grateful for any insight or help.

Kind regards,

Jason

Hi, Jason,

Your subject line indicated that in addition to DOS, you're looking for Reign of Superman pages.

I previously had a 5-page sequence by David Lapham from the Adv. of Superman Annual 5, and one of those pages featured the cyborg Superman. I'm down to just one page from that sequence: this one, a shower sequence with a couple women.

LaphamSupermanAnnual5page20.jpg

Just $45 if you're interested.

If the page with the cyborg might interest you, let me know. I'll go through my old e-mails and see if I can find the contact info for the woman who bought it from me.

Regards,

Steve

Thanks Gal! I believe Dan told me all of 75 was sold to one person but if your right it gives me hope. I know the Knightfall page your talking about and Graham won't sell it. Market's pretty dry but I uncovered some stuff I'll throw up soon.

Thanks Gal! I believe Dan told me all of 75 was sold to one person but if your right it gives me hope. I know the Knightfall page your talking about and Graham won't sell it. Market's pretty dry but I uncovered some stuff I'll throw up soon.

Ive been wondering when you were gonna post the "good stuff". :baiting:

Ive been wondering when you were gonna post the "good stuff".

I like all the pages I have as I remember every single one from my childhood. But I do have some more panel story pages coming! Wish I could find some more "good stuff" like splashes or covers! I'm willing to pay top dollar. Hoping someone with DOS or Knightfall pages needs the money but at the same time I'm not looking to pry art from anyone. If anything I'm happy for other fans and their collections. But if anyone needs money I'm here!

Thx,

J

Thanks Gal! I've checked them out but not sure if any of the owners want to sell.

Hopefully they remember me when they decide to part. I don't like bothering private collectors for art as I understand some pieces are personal and don't want to annoy anyone. I'm sure I'll find a cover. Just a waiting game.

What a curveball! I thought you scored some more great death/return of Superman art, but you scored some terrific art from the breaking of the Batman! Nice job!

:)

Thanks! Still waiting on the DOS art. Thought I'd post these pages for everyone to enjoy in the meantime.