• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

POWER BOOK & RECORD SETS

8 posts in this topic

Just wondering if anyone collects these. I picked them up for my kids years ago at FANTACON '80. They include PR#14 -The Monster of Frankenstein, PR#16 -The Man-Thing, PR#17 -The Curse

of The Werewolf and PR #'s 18-19 & 20- Planet of The Apes.

I guess there were ones for Captain America & Spiderman listed on the covers.

Does CGC grade these items?

mm

I've never seen one in a slab, though I have not gone out of my way to look for one.

I've sold quite a few over the years, but have never had much luck getting good prices for them.

I think they are kool items and will buy ones that I have not seen before. Recently picked up a cassette version of one, only the second I have ever seen.

I think since the record is loose and CGC will not encapsulate loose items, wouldn't they get a green label if they did slab them?

They would have to be removed from the shrinkwrap too.

Some time ago, I picked up about thirty of the FF - The Way it Began. They are all still shrinkwrapped but the upper right corner had been slightly clipped on all of them. (shrug)

It's strange that there are no art credits listed on them.

mm

They were all reprints. The FF one mentioned above was FF 126.

I used to collect these, and they are pretty cool. I like play some of the records for my kids. (Not the Man-Thing clown suicide one, though.)

The 12" records are also alot of fun. Batman, Superman, Star Trek, etc.

CGC does grade these, but not with the record. There's a couple for sale on Clink right now (not mine). Do a keyword search for "power records."