• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF 22 Pink cover variant? CGC 9.4

29 posts in this topic

Books can also have different color sets. For example, FF 48 can either be brown or a very dark brown, almost black. Red and pink are probably so similar, I could see this happening.

And yes, I do know about the rumor of different printings for 48, by the way.

Bad color adjustment on the scan.

The label hue gives it away.

That is my book consigned to Metro. It looks like that in person. It is not a scanner flaw.

LIAR!!!!

Supa, I hope to God you are just kidding with me. mad.gif

I bought it from Silveracre, who had it up on ebay. It didn't sell, so I made him an offer under his reserve and bought it. I own TWO FF#22s in NM 9.4 with white pages, so I am selling this one. You can email Vincent and ask him if you don't believe me for Chrissakes.

Here's the other one that I own, which I bought from Drummy right around the time that I bought the one in question from Silveracre.

scan0003.jpg

i was talking about the colour adjustment on the scan sheesh take a chill pill. confused-smiley-013.gif

Come over to my house and I'll show you the two books side by side. The one in the new label is noticeably "pinker" than the other copy.

nevermind foreheadslap.gif so you're trying to say it is a pink variant and the new blue label is purplish? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

No, it's not a "variant." It's just one of those silver age issues that had less color on the print plates during this particular batch. Kind of like Calamerica's "Iron Man/Subby#1 variants." It isn't worth any more than a copy that has redder reds.

What I said was, the book does look like that (meaning "pinker" than the usual copy) in person. The blue on the label is a *little* lighter in the picture than in person, but not by much. I don't know what it looks like on your monitor, but on mine it's pretty close to what it looks like in real life.

FF,

That one you pciked up from Drummy looks like a 9.6 to me. Resub time?

No, it's a 9.4. I don't believe that it would get a 9.6.

cough cough press cough wink.gif

The thing that keeps it out of 9.6 is that little edge wrinkle on the LLC of the front cover. Apart from that, it is a 9.6 -- so maybe you have a point there. As a 9.6, it would be tied with one other for top census, and mine has white pages. grin.gif