• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official "I Love Reading Copper" No Matter Their Worth Thread!

22 posts in this topic

The Modern section has this thread so why not the Copper forum:

The copper comics I am enjoying reading right now are:

Airboy - This one surprised me and I have been really enjoying this one. Great art and stories so far.

Groo - I've had these for years and decided to start reading them. Can't believe I have not read all of these before now.

Dreadstar - The Starlin run was awesome, however losing interest fast now that I'm up to issue 40

Alien Legion

Scout

Fish Police

Tick

Looking at possibly picking up some Nexus. Does anyone know if this is any good?

Looking at possibly picking up some Nexus. Does anyone know if this is any good?

Outstanding reading list. And yes, Nexus is well worth adding to your impressive list.

Try reading Dark Horse Presents - at least the first 100 issues and some of the later books. There are plenty of oddball stories mixed in, but more great material than weak or middle-of-the-road stories.

+1 on the Nexus.Really outstanding series.Also loved Fish Police & Dreadstar.I've read them multiple times.

Scout is another good series.Truman really rocks on this one.

I'm waiting until I complete my Airboy run before starting it,same for Grimjack & Jon Sable.Really hate getting 15 or 20 issues in and then having to wait until I find that missing issue before I can finish up reading the run.

Last night I read the 6 issue series Lost World by Bo Hampton.Today I can't even tell you how it ended so what does that say about it?!?

I also just read Winter World(3 issues) by Chuck Dixon & Jorge Zaffino and it was actually pretty good.Kind of a frozen Road Warrior thing.

Today I read Hotspur (3 issues) by Ostrander with art by Karl Waller & Romeo Tanghal.Not bad at all.

I'm waiting until I complete my Airboy run before starting it,same for Grimjack & Jon Sable.Really hate getting 15 or 20 issues in and then having to wait until I find that missing issue before I can finish up reading the run.

Airboy rocks! You are really going to love those books.

Grimjack is super-excellent, and John Gaunt would knock Shaft out with one shot, he is so tough. Issue 75 reveals which issue he first cameoed in, which I didn't realize for a long time until I had finally bought a copy.

I never read Jon Sable. hm

The Sable TV show sucked! The Jon Sable/Sable comics rocked!

Bill Jaaska's finest moments were in his Sable run!

Grim Jack has always been at the top of my recommendation list.

Nexus is awesome as well, and you should check out Badger, too! Mike Baron ruled the eighties at First Comics!

The Sable TV show sucked! The Jon Sable/Sable comics rocked!

Bill Jaaska's finest moments were in his Sable run!

Grim Jack has always been at the top of my recommendation list.

Nexus is awesome as well, and you should check out Badger, too! Mike Baron ruled the eighties at First Comics!

:cloud9:

I need to get back on my Copper reading. I was working through the Wolverine trade (collecting the miniseries) and Watchmen, but I got more into Vertigo Crime and had been working my way through them. This year I hope to finish off my Akira run (only need like three or four, but the final two issues are in that category and I have yet to break down and pay what those things are going for) and my TMNT vol. 1 and possibly Usagi Vol. 1 (only missing a couple issues for both of those as well, much more affordable issues).

i loved elementals, elflord, samurai, american flagg and mr monster. all amazing and all very cheap to put together

Hell yeah... and add eX-Mutants, Rocketeer, Alien Worlds, Alien Encounters, Twisted Tales, Fist of God, Betty Page Comics, The Question, and Grendel.

Jon Sable :cloud9:

I was at a small show in Chicago a few months back when an older gentlemen offered me some long boxes from his shop that closed in the late 80's. He had sold all of the Marvel/DC stuff but still had the indy titles. He couldnt believe I was interested in the books, nobody else at the show was. I was soooo happy to find multiple complete sets of Mr Monster and Trollords, some of my favorite reads. I had a lot of fun going through those boxes.

of course all the Stevens stuff I pulled outta those boxes didnt hurt.

Nexus, Grendel, Badger, Jon Sable, Elementals, Justice Machine, Mage, Rocketeer, American Flagg!, Grimjack .. ahhh, my childhood :) No wonder I'm demented now, heh.

All worthy suggestions!

No one ever mentions Paul Chadwick's Concrete in these threads. Sure, early DHP had Concrete stories, but there were some Concrete titles too. Good stuff! :headbang: