• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Collectors of baseball cards striking out

802 posts in this topic

Well, I suppose this is the official post your cards thread. Or maybe post your slabbed cards thread. (shrug) If it ain't, somebody make one and I'll post in it I swear. :grin:

Anyway, for years I've dabbled in older cards but now I'm about to get serious. Gonna get my feet wet and put together a set of 1961 Topps Hall of Famers in PSA 5-6-7.

These came in the mail this week. Clemente and Shoendienst in transit. I think after I knock this set out I might get really serious and take a stab at 1956 Topps. Not going to be cheap even in PSA 5 or 6

IMG_0688.jpg

Cheap or not that is a great set.

Those all-star cards are my favorite.

Well, im losing on another auction tonight. :( Price isnt that insane, but i guess for my personal collection a PSA 10 isnt necessary. A 9 will have to do. Buy the card, not the label. Wait, that sounded awfully familiar. hm

Sure does. For what I want in my collection, 50's and 60's HOFers, I've found that I enjoy the eye appeal from 7 down to 5 and am content.

Probably the only PSA 10's I might go for would be RC of my favorite players. Likely Will Clark and other first basemen I grew up watching in the '80's and '90's.

I am going to list some psa cards on ebay Friday.Maybe we could cut a deal.They sound right up your alley.Some off the top of my head

62 Brock rc 7

56 Aaron 7

56 mays 7

60 Yaz rc 6

And a bunch others.Let me know if you are interested.

Dennis

I am going to list some psa cards on ebay Friday.Maybe we could cut a deal.They sound right up your alley.Some off the top of my head

62 Brock rc 7

56 Aaron 7

56 mays 7

60 Yaz rc 6

Dennis

Hey Dennis,

Those 56 Topps make me drool. Undoubtedly my all-time favorite looking set. For now though I am putting all my financial muster behind completing the 61 Topps HOFers, which I think is around 35 guys. With only a half dozen so far I have a ways to go before I start another year. Thanks though. If you have any HOFers from 61 Topps let me know. (thumbs u

Well, I suppose this is the official post your cards thread. Or maybe post your slabbed cards thread. (shrug) If it ain't, somebody make one and I'll post in it I swear. :grin:

Anyway, for years I've dabbled in older cards but now I'm about to get serious. Gonna get my feet wet and put together a set of 1961 Topps Hall of Famers in PSA 5-6-7.

These came in the mail this week. Clemente and Shoendienst in transit. I think after I knock this set out I might get really serious and take a stab at 1956 Topps. Not going to be cheap even in PSA 5 or 6

IMG_0688.jpg

The '61 is a beautiful and very under appreciated set despite being the year Maris broke the AL HR record. Those hi-numbers are tough in any condition. Do you have a Mantle or Yaz yet?

62 Brock rc 7

56 Aaron 7

56 mays 7

60 Yaz rc 6

Dennis

Hey Dennis,

Those 56 Topps make me drool. Undoubtedly my all-time favorite looking set. For now though I am putting all my financial muster behind completing the 61 Topps HOFers, which I think is around 35 guys. With only a half dozen so far I have a ways to go before I start another year. Thanks though. If you have any HOFers from 61 Topps let me know. (thumbs u

Will do!And good luck with the set.

Wow, I'm glad that I never gave a rat's azz about baseball cards.

Me too! I collected football cards all these years which is even worse :cry: I've got a fairly large collection I'd love to sell but wouldn't get a 10th of what I put into it today.

The '61 is a beautiful and very under appreciated set despite being the year Maris broke the AL HR record. Those hi-numbers are tough in any condition. Do you have a Mantle or Yaz yet?

I agree the '61's are under appreciated. Haven't tried to go for a Mantle yet, working on the lesser known HOFers and 2nd tier guys like McCovey, Hodges, etc.....Yaz is a tough one. Haven't seen many and I think the can be pricey, his rookie year? (shrug)

Well, im losing on another auction tonight. :( Price isnt that insane, but i guess for my personal collection a PSA 10 isnt necessary. A 9 will have to do. Buy the card, not the label. Wait, that sounded awfully familiar. hm

Sure does. For what I want in my collection, 50's and 60's HOFers, I've found that I enjoy the eye appeal from 7 down to 5 and am content.

Probably the only PSA 10's I might go for would be RC of my favorite players. Likely Will Clark and other first basemen I grew up watching in the '80's and '90's.

62 Brock rc 7

56 Aaron 7

56 mays 7

60 Yaz rc 6

Dennis

Im interested in any Schmidt, Munson, Hunter you have. As well as other 50's/60's HoFers.

Richie Ashburn is a fav of mine

I agree the '61's are under appreciated. Haven't tried to go for a Mantle yet, working on the lesser known HOFers and 2nd tier guys like McCovey, Hodges, etc.....Yaz is a tough one. Haven't seen many and I think the can be pricey, his rookie year? (shrug)

60 is Yaz's RC. He and McCovey are the big RCs out of that year. 60 is one of my favorite years. I love the horizontal cards.

The only problem with Yaz's rookie year is that the card is a DP (and a low number at that) so there are a lot of them out there, albeit NM specimens are super tough. Especially ones without the print dots. I think his 2nd and 3rd year cards are a better value and certainly look better.

The only problem with Yaz's rookie year is that the card is a DP (and a low number at that) so there are a lot of them out there, albeit NM specimens are super tough. Especially ones without the print dots. I think his 2nd and 3rd year cards are a better value and certainly look better.

All true, but the question was whether 61 was his RC year. And it isnt.

But I do agree with your other sentiments.

Second year.Check out the bay they arent really that much 20-40.

62 Brock rc 7

56 Aaron 7

56 mays 7

60 Yaz rc 6

Dennis

Im interested in any Schmidt, Munson, Hunter you have. As well as other 50's/60's HoFers.

I will check and see what I have.What years?Graded or not?

By the way good to see you Arex

62 is tuff also ,as its a high number.But it is a sweet card.

62 Brock rc 7

56 Aaron 7

56 mays 7

60 Yaz rc 6

Dennis

I will check and see what I have.What years?Graded or not?

By the way good to see you Arex

Thanks!

Maybe a PM hm

Too much label chasing in the comic book market. Plus, nobody gets to see your trophies on ur wall. Comic books will follow baseball cards.

Follow them where? Into a couple of highly popular and widely participated in hobbies?

Is there anyone who wants to take a look at some cell phone pics of a sports card collection im finally going to sell soon. Im into sports so im familiar with the players and all, but i dont know if i have anything 'good' . Before i dredge thru a billion ebay listings maybe someone could point out any 'key' cards.

PM me! :)