• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Collectors of baseball cards striking out

802 posts in this topic

Is there anyone who wants to take a look at some cell phone pics of a sports card collection im finally going to sell soon. Im into sports so im familiar with the players and all, but i dont know if i have anything 'good' . Before i dredge thru a billion ebay listings maybe someone could point out any 'key' cards.

PM me! :)

Ill take a look and then tell you it is junk. Whether it is or isnt :gossip:

Is there anyone who wants to take a look at some cell phone pics of a sports card collection im finally going to sell soon. Im into sports so im familiar with the players and all, but i dont know if i have anything 'good' . Before i dredge thru a billion ebay listings maybe someone could point out any 'key' cards.

If you give me the years,brands and what sport I can lighten your workload.Many years past 1985 are mostly junk,much like nineties comics.For instance 1986 topps has no real rookies that are worth anything.1987 was much better but was killed by over production.Any so forth.

How much are my Cal Ripken, F--- Face cards worth?

Billy Ripken??? If you wrote that on your Cal Ripken, then it is probably worhtless :baiting:. A near-mint Billy Ripken FF Error is worth about $10-$15.

My error, I'm confused right now from looking at all my Van Poppel cards. They have to be worth a fortune, they just have to be. lol

How much are my Cal Ripken, F--- Face cards worth?

Billy Ripken??? If you wrote that on your Cal Ripken, then it is probably worhtless :baiting:. A near-mint Billy Ripken FF Error is worth about $10-$15.

:thumbsup:

If you give me the years,brands and what sport I can lighten your workload.Many years past 1985 are mostly junk,much like nineties comics.For instance 1986 topps has no real rookies that are worth anything.1987 was much better but was killed by over production.Any so forth.

Some sets to look for past 1986? '87 fleer, '88 score traded, 1990 leaf. Good sets with relatively short prints compared to topps issues.

Some sets to look for past 1986? '87 fleer, '88 score traded, 1990 leaf. Good sets with relatively short prints compared to topps issues.

87 fleer is a great set.Can be found at bargin prices due to Bonds dropping in value.The drawback is there is no Mcgwire or Maddux.88 score most people have retire but once again a nice looking set.

90 leaf produced to compete with upper deck.they not only competed but crushed them this year.Nice photos and a heavy stock set.

My favorite set of the nineties is the 92 bowman.Worth putting together.

I remember 90 Leaf when it came out. Opened a pack and got a Kevin Maas and traded it back to the card guy for 2 more packs. I then pulled another one!

Frank Thomas cards were impossible to find

Ahhhh I remember those cards :) I bought 3 packs and pulled a Thomas and a Griffey :) I was so happy back then.

87 fleer is a great set.Can be found at bargin prices due to Bonds dropping in value.The drawback is there is no Mcgwire or Maddux.88 score most people have retire but once again a nice looking set.

90 leaf produced to compete with upper deck.they not only competed but crushed them this year.Nice photos and a heavy stock set.

My favorite set of the nineties is the 92 bowman.Worth putting together.

1984 fleer update was awesome at one time! Dwight Gooden, Kirby Pucket, Roger Clemans! Wow I loved that set. Now its Garbage :(