• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Calgary comic and entertainment expo april 27 -29

28 posts in this topic

How about a market report on vintage comics, original comic or pin-up/splash page art in Calgary Expo? Where did you eat a healthy lunch during the Expo or was it just cold pizza slices? You can skip the anime and cosplay pics. :o

Day 1

line up to get in was 15 minutes 25$ cost 1 day

Not a lot of CGC at the con

The best booth for Vintage comics was hosed by thehumantorch and his buddys definetly the 3 three musketeers of comic book sellers

A lot and I meen alot of booths with under 10$ boxes with member wolf_2099 looking after a area of modern books with his very very atractive GF (did I mention VERY )

Local comic book stores all had booths selling thier things same old same old

NO lines at all in custom drawing area with at least 3 names I had seen before (custom overnight orders available)

Stan Lee was a 2 hr line up but for extra cost it seems you could skip the line and pick up signed books next day (yippy)

Never got close to seeing any star trek people ?

Cgc was represented with again no line up at all to submit books

Lots and lots of costumed young people some great some not so good some to hot to post in a public forum !

It should be realy good saturday (today)

:acclaim:

There could be a fee to buy from a dealer on top of a fee to get them to bag them up or just to put them in a bag for you to carry to your booth.or there could be a delivery fee with a hand it over fee....I can contact someone to see if then can help you if you like.

Unfortunately we (DWC) have been slammed at the booth this whole show. Does anyone know if any vendors are selling bags and boards at the show?

Try talking to Marty or Ben of Phoenix Comics booths that may be displaying 5 dvd's for $10 and art books. :blush: They can probably sell you comic bags brought in from their retail stores in Calgary, AB.

Unfortunately we (DWC) have been slammed at the booth this whole show. Does anyone know if any vendors are selling bags and boards at the show?

Yes, they are. Red Skull had some bags and boards at their booth.

Thank you I did talk to them this evening.

I'm glad you guys were at the show. Thanks for arranging Stan Lee's signature on my ASM 1. I'm thrilled that I didn't have to wait in line for 2+ hours.