• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spider-Man Skating on Thin Ice Canadian French

53 posts in this topic

20 years ago, I was in a shopping center in Quebec City and on my way out, I saw a guy given 1 copy to everyone who wanted it. They where almost all in bad shape, water damaged, etc... But I saw a box of about 150 of them in really good shape. He was limited 1 copy per person but I tolded him that I'm a elementary teacher (not true) and wanted to give copies to my student. So I hand picked 22 of them in really nice shape (CGC didn't existed back then). I rechecked them yesterday, probably 4 are in 9.0 to 9.2, 6 in 9.4, 10 in 9.6 and 1-2 in 9.8. None are present in the census for the French version

20 years ago, I was in a shopping center in Quebec City and on my way out, I saw a guy given 1 copy to everyone who wanted it. They where almost all in bad shape, water damaged, etc... But I saw a box of about 150 of them in really good shape. He was limited 1 copy per person but I tolded him that I'm a elementary teacher (not true) and wanted to give copies to my student. So I hand picked 22 of them in really nice shape (CGC didn't existed back then). I rechecked them yesterday, probably 4 are in 9.0 to 9.2, 6 in 9.4, 10 in 9.6 and 1-2 in 9.8. None are present in the census for the French version

Congratulations on being a dirtbag. Enjoy your comics.

+100000

The sharp, soothing blitchslap of reality. (worship)

The sharp, soothing blitchslap of reality. (worship)

hate-3.jpg

It was so easy to find them back then. A comic book store told me that they got over 2000 copies free from school. They solded about 10 copies at 1$ each and put the rest in a recycle bin. I don't feel bad about telling the guy that I was a school teacher. Every schools gave them for free to children so every children had a copy. On french comic book collecting forums, every body had between 5 to 5000 copies of this book. Very very common over here. They were free, free, free. They were distributed by the Canadian gouverment, so we paid for them with our taxes. Since I refoud them, I give 20 copys to nefews and children of my friends

It was so easy to find them back then. A comic book store told me that they got over 2000 copies free from school. They solded about 10 copies at 1$ each and put the rest in a recycle bin. I don't feel bad about telling the guy that I was a school teacher. Every schools gave them for free to children so every children had a copy. On french comic book collecting forums, every body had between 5 to 5000 copies of this book. Very very common over here. They were free, free, free. They were distributed by the Canadian gouverment, so we paid for them with our taxes. Since I refoud them, I give 20 copys to nefews and children of my friends

We really need a spell/grammar check installed on these boards. It would help my OCD a lot.

How do you say dirtbag in French?

Dirt is salete.

Bag is sac.

Don't think dirtbag translates.

I took French in HS.

How do you say dirtbag in French?

You'll be happy to know that the word "person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed" is French. :gossip: