• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF 49 CGC 9.6

46 posts in this topic

Personally, unless there's a lot of white showing as a result of the miswrap, or unless the miswrap is crooked, miswraps don't bother me. I think the "miswrap" here is just fractional and it appears straight (same amount of miswrap up and down the spine). But, everyone has their own preferences. confused-smiley-013.gif

No, except:

1. Its mis-wrapped

2. Its way over-priced.

There, I think that covers it.

I was admiring the book not the price. smirk.gif

9.6s of 49 go for more than those of 48 right?

Actually there was a sale of a 9.6 a couple of years ago for $4600, so that price isn't crazy at all- beyond the normal "wow CGC books sure sell for a lot of money" crazy that you could apply to every book that sells for multiples of guide.

1. Its mis-wrapped

Geez man, that's barely a miswrap. If you only collect books that are dead on perfectly wrapped you probably don't ever buy anything. How many books are perfectly wrapped? 5%- 10% maybe? I think this miswrap, QP thing is being taken to stupid levels on this board 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

1. Its mis-wrapped

Geez man, that's barely a miswrap. If you only collect books that are dead on perfectly wrapped you probably don't ever buy anything. How many books are perfectly wrapped? 5%- 10% maybe? I think this miswrap, QP thing is being taken to stupid levels on this board 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I was the person who sold this book to Josh on eBay back in the day for $3,217. The book is a beauty and was purchased from Motor City comics in the early 1990s for $150! tongue.gif There is essentially NO cover wear on the book and was one of the few Silver Age Marvels that I pregraded a 9.6! thumbsup2.gif

1. Its mis-wrapped

I was the person who sold this book to Josh on eBay back in the day for $3,217. The book is a beauty and was purchased from Motor City comics in the early 1990s for $150! tongue.gif There is essentially NO cover wear on the book and was one of the few Silver Age Marvels that I pregraded a 9.6! thumbsup2.gif

That is a sweet book. I bid on it a while back, but was deee-nied.

Or, you could sell it to me raw instead and let me gamble with CGC some day. grin.gif She's a beaut!

Time to submit? Maybe not a 9.6 but it'll be a nice Christmas present by the time I get it back from CGC

ff49.jpg

Nice score! $150...$3200 thumbsup2.gif I'd have kept that book though, awesome cover. Is your silver Marvel stash depleted or do you have more gems hidden away? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif
Depleted long ago, at least for Silver! foreheadslap.gif

Nice score! $150...$3200 thumbsup2.gif I'd have kept that book though, awesome cover. Is your silver Marvel stash depleted or do you have more gems hidden away? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Greggy wouldn't be here if it weren't for this book!! I noticed he sold it (June of '02?), and as it was being discussed here I emailed him and told him to join us, so yes, it's my fault we've been subjected to over eight thousand gremlin-only posts... sorry.gif

Greggy wouldn't be here if it weren't for this book!! I noticed he sold it (June of '02?), and as it was being discussed here I emailed him and told him to join us, so yes, it's my fault we've been subjected to over eight thousand gremlin-only posts... sorry.gif

Yeah....blame banner! mad.gif

Yeah....blame banner! mad.gif

Nah, every once in a while you put forth a great nugget of wisdom or insight, and the surprised masses roar in approval!! respec1.gif

Oh, and then there's those sweet, sweet DC's... gossip.gif