• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk 181 *DELETED*

83 posts in this topic

I wonder if I'm older than oldguy? or stronger than strongguy? 27_laughing.gif

Probably! Maybe not! Definitely!Who knows! Its like grading, it is all subjective to opinions anyway!

Davidking623

that's your opinion. insane.gif

27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

Davidking623

I wonder if I'm older than oldguy? or stronger than strongguy? 27_laughing.gif

Don't know, but after a night of drinking with friends, I'll bet I'm more hammered than Hammer. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifinsane.gif

an interesting thread to say the least.

we've got votes as low as 5.0 and the owner touting it as a 9.2.

and CGC having already weighed in with an 8.0.

from what i can see of the various scans, i would have been happy with the 8.0, but wait anxiously to see what the resub brings devil.gif it will tell the tale of whether Stout knows his S#%T or whether he's a typical owner who thinks their books are better than they are. (i know that i fell into the latter class until after 100 CGC subs and this board straightened me out) blush.gif

Actually, I was ok with the 8.0 A few friends who collect have various grades of this book. A friend who has a 9.0 wanted too trade me for it. He told me he would re-slab my book. That got me too thinking. After looking at what is available. I decided to re-slab it. The kicker was the CGC 9.0 listed on comiclink. The book has 6-8 stress lines on the spine, 1-2 very pronounced colour breaks as well. I wish the owner of that book the sucess he wants in sellling it. But this book is better than that one. I will post the grade it gets. My friends figure a 9.0 or 9.2

Personally I beleive it too be a 9.0 Maybe a 9.2 if the grader is having a good day..

I have seen lots of identical graded books. I always seem too favour one book over another, for whatever reason.

Actually, I was ok with the 8.0 A few friends who collect have various grades of this book. A friend who has a 9.0 wanted too trade me for it. He told me he would re-slab my book. My friends figure a 9.0 or 9.2.

Okay, your friend with a Hulk 181 CGC 9.0 wanted to trade you even-up for your Hulk 181 CGC 8.0?

Either you're both absolute (him for offering, and you for refusing) or ....

Again with the name calling. Grow Up. He must think the book is better then dosent he???? Think before you type....... There are lot's of books that get grades that are beter than the book is. It's grading, subjective you know, or do you know??

I've seen lot's of books graded that I or most people wouldnt buy, just because it is a certain grade...... That's why some people will pay more for a un-slabbed book. Your taking a chance, but the reward can be huge, if you did your homework.....

Again with the name calling. Grow Up. He must think the book is better then dosent he???? Think before you type.......

No it's called losing about $400 between grade differences.

Actually, I was ok with the 8.0 A few friends who collect have various grades of this book. A friend who has a 9.0 wanted too trade me for it. He told me he would re-slab my book. My friends figure a 9.0 or 9.2.

Okay, your friend with a Hulk 181 CGC 9.0 wanted to trade you even-up for your Hulk 181 CGC 8.0?

Either you're both absolute (him for offering, and you for refusing) or ....

Maybe the 8.0 had better QP. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

(I'm just kidding folks.... gossip.gif )

Again with the name calling. Grow Up. He must think the book is better then dosent he???? Think before you type....... There are lot's of books that get grades that are beter than the book is. It's grading, subjective you know, or do you know??

Give me a break whacko, as we're NOT talking about raw, but two comics CGC graded. One was a CGC 9.0 and the other a CGC 8.0.

Now if this "friend" was willing to trade straight-up 9.0 for 8.0, then he must have absoluely no respect for CGC's grading if he thinks he could pull off a 9.2 or higher upon resubmit.

In fact, I doubt he would own a high-priced CGC book in the first place.

You have no clue at all. He has books any collector would cheerfully accept. His best being a run of The Flash. You wish you had these book's.....

Yeah, I wish I had a run of Flash comics. 27_laughing.gif

Back to my point, why would someone who obviously puts their trust in CGC grades, offer to trade a 9.0 Hulk 181 for an 8.0?

He either believes in CGC or he doesn't, and thinking he could pull a 9.2 out of an 8.0 sounds like he doesn't.

I wonder if I'm older than oldguy?

I'm only 33 so there's a good chance. thumbsup2.gif

confused.gif

I'm older than oldguy? foreheadslap.gif

confused.gif

I'm older than oldguy? foreheadslap.gif

Wow! You an' me both!!! foreheadslap.gif

I feel reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally old today! 27_laughing.gif