• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emerald City Con Report

210 posts in this topic

My feet hurt...

Walking Dead Bible sold out in seconds.

No Adventure Time books in great shape.

Moore no-go too long of a line.

Ebass... no go today hoping tomorrow.

Adi Granov full today trying tomorrow.

Bruce Timm is now $100 and was full today I will try tomorrow.

Kevin Nowlan was too busy but said he could get to some sketches. I will have to try again tomorrow.

Greg Horn is not sketching.

Don Rosa will not be doing anything related to CGC... No Rosa books will not be signed for CGC... no sketches... have to say this was the only unpleasant but a very unpleasant experience.

All of the other sketches are with the artists or CGC, just need to be picked up. Tomorrow on to signatures, hope to be done with everything by the end of the day tomorrow.

Great show so far, big thanks to CGC and to JJ for helping this noob out.

Hook a brotha up with one of those free Walking Dead TPB download codes at the Comixology booth if you get a chance! :grin:

Dunno what this is but I will stop by tomorrow! I owe you :D

Oh there is Adventure Time blanks, but I didn't see them till later and I was searching stacks of AT books for 9.8 candidates, which were not there. Sketches on the blanks are pretty sweet. PM if you would like one of those.

Yeah, what's the story with Rosa? That really bums me out.

As is almost always the case, there is something stupid behind it. Don Rosa personalizes all of his signatures and sketches. Some of his sketches started showing up with the personalizations whited out, including a sketch cover that had another artist white out the personalization and color it.

It was pretty much common knowledge that he would never do another sketch cover, but if he is no longer signing books that are to be CGC'd, that is a new bad development.

Don't hold it against Don. He is one of the friendliest, most engaging creators out there. He just gets pretty pissed at stupidity and greed.

Yeah, what's the story with Rosa? That really bums me out.

As is almost always the case, there is something stupid behind it. Don Rosa personalizes all of his signatures and sketches. Some of his sketches started showing up with the personalizations whited out, including a sketch cover that had another artist white out the personalization and color it.

It was pretty much common knowledge that he would never do another sketch cover, but if he is no longer signing books that are to be CGC'd, that is a new bad development.

Don't hold it against Don. He is one of the friendliest, most engaging creators out there. He just gets pretty pissed at stupidity and greed.

Of course I sold the only Rosa sig I had and then woke up to this news. doh!

Greed? hm