• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emerald City Con Report

210 posts in this topic

getting a kirkman ticket is turnning out to be a pain they are only handing out 150 a day... at least what the guy told me ... today I was in line & had my hand out the guy beside me got the last one :S

menace rosa hates anything cgc i was told he did one for someone one time & the guy had someone else color over his name & he sold it on ebay

the rosa thing wasn't that easy.....at the time iirc, the guy got it colored & had the personalization colored over but was keeping it for his personal collection

then when the enconmy tanked he had to sell it (bills and such) got about 200 for it, rosa heard/saw it on ebay and imo over reacted (been a few to overreact imo)

iirc most of this info was from godofthunder bc it was his friend, correct me if i'm wrong godofthunder

My feet hurt..

over 90% of the stuff is done. Maybe 8 sigs tomorrow.

Ebass, Granov, Timm, Horn were the only ones I could not get sketches from (I think).

Lines went on forever today it was a madhouse even walking through. Great to meet everyone, sorry pics are slow in coming, I totally understand now why pics are impractical but I have pics of most everything and will post them on facebook and here by Monday.

JJ, Mike, Joe and everyone at the CGC booth was working there buts off today, I felt bad for JJ at the end of the day he looked like the walking dead there at Kirkman's line.

Last thing before I retire for the eve...

Jake is really working his tail off to get all the books sent to him done and handling them very well and professionally. I know he is tired like all that are working the show...like a mini SDCC. See you tomorrow Jake...rest them feet!

Last thing before I retire for the eve...

Jake is really working his tail off to get all the books sent to him done and handling them very well and professionally. I know he is tired like all that are working the show...like a mini SDCC. See you tomorrow Jake...rest them feet!

+1

Jake rocked. Seeing him handle as many books as he did, I would feel 100% comfortable submitting comics to him for a show. Plus he's a great guy to hang out with!

Thanks guys! I am not the only one working hard, and it has been a great time meeting all of you.

One more day!

Mysterio your books are all done and turned in, though, Lopresti apparently did not work on two of the books so those two are only Emberlin.

The lines yesterday was hell, and whats the deal with people just standing in the middle of the lanes looking at the sky. 50 people are trying to push around you as you stand still and do nothing?

getting a kirkman ticket is turnning out to be a pain they are only handing out 150 a day... at least what the guy told me ... today I was in line & had my hand out the guy beside me got the last one :S

menace rosa hates anything cgc i was told he did one for someone one time & the guy had someone else color over his name & he sold it on ebay

the rosa thing wasn't that easy.....at the time iirc, the guy got it colored & had the personalization colored over but was keeping it for his personal collection

then when the enconmy tanked he had to sell it (bills and such) got about 200 for it, rosa heard/saw it on ebay and imo over reacted (been a few to overreact imo)

iirc most of this info was from godofthunder bc it was his friend, correct me if i'm wrong godofthunder

lol that was it.

Thanks guys! I am not the only one working hard, and it has been a great time meeting all of you.

One more day!

Mysterio your books are all done and turned in, though, Lopresti apparently did not work on two of the books so those two are only Emberlin.

Lopresti pencilled backup stories so he did work on the books (I always check before I sub books). Did he refuse to sign? It is probably too late for you to try again, huh? Not a huge deal either way...