• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emerald City Con Report

210 posts in this topic

Oh yeah. I hate being one up'ed by my wife. See that Clay Mann book? It killed my Clay Mann book.... I don't even like my book anymore lol

I was not sure if her Ebas book was better than mine. The only way to fix it was to make sure I have it in the bag. Rocking with Ebas from standing at the table at 10 till 4:55 produced this.

IMG_0993.jpg

So all in all, that is my con report. I have a few things without pictures that I want to show off later that I am rather proud off. It was one hell of a 3-day show. Thank God for my wife, who ran most of the 25+ sigs I got done, and worked her tail off. Karma pays back as can be seen in Clay Mann Book.

It was a joy to talk to some of you guys, great to see some projects some of you guys are working on. As you can see from the 3 Ebas sketches we got, if you went to the Zenescope table at ECCC 2012, we we're probably at it!

Now, I just wrote like a bigillion words on my con report. I want to see books from you guys! lol

Guest Grails

CrainHulkWolverineECCC2012-1.jpg

You've got to be :censored: kidding.

This should be a published cover. Forget the CGC slab, frame this in gold.

I had a great show.

I picked up a grail from JJ that deserves its own thread. CGC worked him so hard I didn't even get to buy him the lunch I owe him. Love.

Troy and his family are such good people that I wished they lived next door. They are close enough to visit though hm

I referred everyone who wanted me to get them stuff from the show to Menace and he was working his rear off the whole weekend. He gave a copy of Fatsa to me and my son. Super nice.

I wanted to meet Senormac but didn't :(

I scored a chance to get an Adventure Time sketchcover for my nephew that was a show highlight for him.

I was lucky enough to win a lottery at the very end of the show for a limited Walking Dead omnibus for Mr. Highgrade to give to his daughter.

I got to talk life and comics with Beachbum. Dre had me with an early April Fools joke that he got the first 9.8 Wolverine 35 at New Orleans. But he made up for it by holding my place in line for Ebas while I got my Silvestri books signed (worship) Silvestri was a very friendly guy.

The gang at the CGC booth was hardworking and fun as usual. After prepping my Silvestri books for SS by myself, I have an even greater appreciation for all Joe has done for CGC and me over the years. (thumbs u

The forum dinner was fun. I got to meet Menace and his fiancee Beth. I got to sit next to greggy again :applause: Toast and Joey and Rey and Borock were there again. I got so nostalgic that I called Doc Watson.

My son Robbie was chatting up Mike at the forum dinner. Thank you, Mike for being so friendly. (thumbs u

I got to visit with Don Rosa on Friday and talk Ducks with the master. He did a sketch for my son on Sunday and signed/sketched my copy of Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck.

Robbie got into sketches at this show so much that he started drawing some of his own stuff on backer boards when we were at dinner or back in our room. Travis Hanson kindly shared some great advice about how to encourage kids via art.

I had a great show.

Troy and his family are such good people that I wished they lived next door. They are close enough to visit though hm

:hail:

You have my number sir. Anytime and day you want, set it up and I will have you and yours over for dinner in a heartbeat. We will shoot the *&^@ about comics. Dinner is on me.

Oh yeah. I hate being one up'ed by my wife. See that Clay Mann book? It killed my Clay Mann book.... I don't even like my book anymore lol

I was not sure if her Ebas book was better than mine. The only way to fix it was to make sure I have it in the bag. Rocking with Ebas from standing at the table at 10 till 4:55 produced this.

IMG_0993.jpg

:o(worship)

Thanks for sharing guys! Congrats to all, amazing sketches! :applause:

Ok I have been trying to do invoices tonight and I am sending things to the wrong people and adding things up wrong, thankfully people are telling me and I am not burning myself lol

Also for those who had not heard, I was rear ended after leaving the convention Sunday. Beth and I are ok, the guy who hit us his car took the worst of the damage thankfully our was not really damaged.

Those are the photos I was able to take! All the Kirkman / Moore books got done, but I have no pics of those.

Look forward to applying everything I learned at this show to my next!

Those are the photos I was able to take! All the Kirkman / Moore books got done, but I have no pics of those.

Look forward to applying everything I learned at this show to my next!

next con i am giving my books to you lol