• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Archie 11

13 posts in this topic

Old School Overstreet would say no higher than Good/Good+ for any book with detached cover.

But CGC rules are stealth and they tend to be a little more generous to lower grade books with nice over-all presentation.

3.0/3.5 :sumo:

Old School Overstreet would say no higher than Good/Good+ for any book with detached cover.

But CGC rules are stealth and they tend to be a little more generous to lower grade books with nice over-all presentation.

I agree.

I agree.

Agreed (except that 3.0 is generally the upper CGC limit with a detached cover.) :hi:

Thanks for all the help everyone. I was pretty happy to find this book in just about any condition at all. I think that I may go ahead and send it in with the rest of my CGC sub. I wasn't going to bother if the consensus was 2.0 or lower. Fortunately it was sold to me as a GD, so if I do better it will be a bump.

I agree.

Agreed (except that 3.0 is generally the upper CGC limit with a detached cover.) :hi:

O.K. I just learned something here. Like Aces say's when you look in the older version of the grading guide I think 2.0 is the cut-off with both staples detached. I'm glad I know this now that CGC is a little more forgiving on detached covers. Do they note that on the label?

I agree.

O.K. I just learned something here. Like Aces say's when you look in the older version of the grading guide I think 2.0 is the cut-off with both staples detached. I'm glad I know this now that CGC is a little more forgiving on detached covers. Do they note that on the label?

Yes, I have a sweet SA Batman (first SA app of the Penguin) . . . let me see if I can pull up the scan from my archives.