• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Petition to End Recent Ad Banners

156 posts in this topic

Dear Collector Society,

We respectfully request that you end the posting of ad banners from our message boards.

This is a place where members communicate with each other.

The ads are a distraction and have to be scrolled past. They are not even beautiful.

We believe that you will not let the lure of advertising dollars distract you. You have a relationship with your members. Remember us.

Do not let the lure of money entice you to lower the quality of our experience.

We believe you will make a good decision. Thank you.

I am not sure that I can get behind this. This is a place with typically well-written posts. This post is wishy-washy and mealy-mouthed. I shouldn't let poor execution distract me, but alas, its badness has lowered the quality of my experience. I am making the decision to push the eject button now.

Dear Collector Society,

We respectfully request that you end the posting of ad banners from our chat boards.

This is a place where members communicate with each other.

The ads are a distraction and have to be scrolled past. They are not even beautiful.

We believe that you will not let the lure of advertising dollars distract you. You have a relationship with your members. Remember us.

Do not let the lure of money entice you to lower the quality of our experience.

We believe you will make a good decision. Thank you.

Although the banners are annoying, there's one huge inaccuracy with your post. They are not our chat boards.

I am not sure that I can get behind this. This is a place with typically well-written posts. This post is wishy-washy and mealy-mouthed. I shouldn't let poor execution distract me, but alas, its badness has lowered the quality of my experience. I am making the decision to push the eject button now.

You just can't see the forest for the dharma.

Oh, oh....allow me.

TREE

Oh, oh....allow me.

TREE

You may not like me but this petition is about the recent page changes.

Ending these ads would benefit you also.

I don't think ending the ads would benefit anyone, but then again I don't see any ads. Have you considered ad-blocking plugins for your browser?

Also, I wouldn't begrudge a great board like this trying to monetize a little, esp. when it remains free to use. Just my two cents, but like the rest of this boards contents, free to you.

I don't think ending the ads would benefit anyone, but then again I don't see any ads. Have you considered ad-blocking plugins for your browser?

Also, I wouldn't begrudge a great board like this trying to monetize a little, esp. when it remains free to use. Just my two cents, but like the rest of this boards contents, free to you.

Do you like looking at ads?

Do you like looking at ads?

I do. I love it. Especially Metro ads. Metro ads rule the most.