• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Petition to End Recent Ad Banners

156 posts in this topic

I apologize to the Collector Society and to the Moderators.

In my last post, I used the phrase "if you crawl before advertising dollars." That phrase was an inaccurate description of what it happening and over the top. You are trying to generate an additional source of revenue.

We've grown used to the uncluttered pages. And it seems like the majority of your members would like it to stay that way.

Whatever you decide, I will accept and probably everyone else will, too. This is your site.

And it's a good service to the collector community.

So even you admit, starting this thread was a huge waste of time? You really are a wanker. :facepalm:

Is it worth me looking back through all of Aunt Agatha's posts? It seems the clientele who have joined since my departure have certainly raised the bar around here. This thread is dripping with win.

Is it worth me looking back through all of Aunt Agatha's posts?

Is it worth looking back at the Belushi days of Saturday Night Live?

Is it worth reliving cool encounters with hot chicks while on foreplay with a Super high explosive "grenade"?... hm

Is it worth me looking back through all of Aunt Agatha's posts? It seems the clientele who have joined since my departure have certainly raised the bar around here. This thread is dripping with win.

This is not about winning or losing.

The ad banners and column to the right distract from member-to-member communication.

Yes, we are a majority and would like the ads removed.

If there is a winner here, it is the Collector Society because we have faith that they are looking out for its member's best interests.

Is it worth me looking back through all of Aunt Agatha's posts?

Is it worth looking back at the Belushi days of Saturday Night Live?

Is it worth reliving cool encounters with hot chicks while on foreplay with a Super high explosive "grenade"?... hm

lol You worry me.

This is not about winning or losing.

The ad banners and column to the right distract from member-to-member communication.

Yes, we are a majority and would like the ads removed.

If there is a winner here, it is the Collector Society because we have faith that they are looking out for its member's best interests.

That's us.

All of us stand together for the people's best interest.

There are only a few advertisers. They want money. And they have begun running ads on our message board, cluttering community space.

What do they want? An increase in profit? Most likely. To live the good life? It appears that our CGC message board is how they hope to fulfill this dream.

I wish them the best.

But not at our expense.

Advertisers, please remove your ads from this community message board. This is not the place for them.

This has traditionally been a place for member-to-member communication, uncluttered.

There are lots of other formats for your ads.

The most recent poll figures show that 2/3 of Collector Society members do not want advertisers to post ads on these message pages.

Please accept this.

Thanks.

Well, I imagine that actively telling advertisers to remove ads is going to result in a lock. And it's incredibly stupid and moronic.

So, IBTL.

He is like the guy who stood in front of the tank in China.....

At least that guy had an admirable purpose. Rallying against online advertising? That's probably the lamest pro-active exercise in futility that I can imagine.

There are only a few advertisers. They want money. And they have begun running ads on our message board, cluttering community space.

Not to take this horrendously derailed logical train and place it back on the tracks or anything...but...

It's not "our" board. It's their board. They own it, they code it, they pay for the servers and bandwidth.

We squat here, we loiter here, but we own as much of this message board as I own the the restaurant where I might eat dinner. I have more right to say something in the restaurant because I am paying for the meal.

We are freeloaders here.

We are allowed here for a period of time, under a series of conditions, and we exert ZERO control over the destiny, content or direction of this board.

What do they want? An increase in profit? Most likely. To live the good life? It appears that our CGC message board is how they hope to fulfill this dream.

But not at our expense.

Again, it's their message board.

As for "not at our expense" what are you referring to?

Do you pay a monthly fee for use of the board? Do you pay anything at all to CGC's forum admins to assist them in keeping the servers online and the pages loading?

It's at THEIR expense, not ours.

Really, stop. You are making baby Jesus' logic muscles cramp and contort.

I wish them the best.

But not at our expense.

Advertisers, please remove your ads from this community message board. This is not the place for them.

This has traditionally been a place for member-to-member communication, uncluttered.

The most recent poll figures show that 2/3 of Collector Society members do not want advertisers to post ads on these message pages.

Please accept this.

Thanks.

Stupidest post ever. By anyone. And that's saying something. And a politicians use of statistics to boot. Massive Fail. :facepalm:

Not to take this horrendously derailed logical train and place it back on the tracks or anything...but...

It's not "our" board. It's their board. They own it, they code it, they pay for the servers and bandwidth.

We squat here, we loiter here, but we own as much of this message board as I own the the restaurant where I might eat dinner. I have more right to say something in the restaurant because I am paying for the meal.

We are freeloaders here.

We are allowed here for a period of time, under a series of conditions, and we exert ZERO control over the destiny, content or direction of this board.

But not at our expense.

Again, it's their message board.

As for "not at our expense" what are you referring to?

Do you pay a monthly fee for use of the board? Do you pay anything at all to CGC's forum admins to assist them in keeping the servers online and the pages loading?

It's at THEIR expense, not ours.

Really, stop. You are making baby Jesus' logic muscles cramp and contort.

Good luck with your battle.

Never-Give-Up.jpg

I wish them the best.

But not at our expense.

Please accept this.

Thanks.

:blahblah: It's all just mental masterbation. :blahblah: