• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tampa Bay Comic Con - October 20-21, 2012

133 posts in this topic

:hi:

45241_140906515950519_140906382617199_190382_4567086_n.jpg

After a very successful Tampa Bay Comic Con in March, we're working towards setting another attendance record during the October 20-21, 2012 convention. :banana:

Basic Information:

http://www.tampabaycomiccon.com/

Doubletree Hotel

4500 West Cypress Street

Tampa, FL 33607

Saturday, October 20th: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Sunday, October 21st: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM

Admission: $10 (kids 12 and under are FREE).

Parking: FREE

Get convention updates on the Tampa Bay Comic Con Facebook page:

facebookicon_60.gif

For those interested in dealer tables, they are $125.00 each.

Guest list as of 4/3/12:

1) Joe Murray (artist, creator of Nickelodeon's, Rocko's Modern Life)

joemurray_lg.jpg

2) Herb Trimpe (artist; Incredible Hulk, 1st appearance of Wolverine)

herbtrimpe_lg.jpg

3) Ben Templesmith (artist; 30 Days of Night)

bentemplesmith_lg.jpg

4) S.L. Gallant (artist; G.I. Joe)

slgallant_lg.jpg

I must say that the show a couple of months ago was awesome! Had a great time, and restocked the store in just one visit! It's a great sign when I have to make a dozen trips out to the suv! Keep up the good work!

Thank you :)

You'd think with so many great artist living in the area (Jim Cheung, Bart Sears, Brandon Peterson, Paul Pelletier, Amanda Conner, Mike Perkins & a few others) this show would be able to line up more high profile guests.

We are constantly working on bringing in quality creators and talent. It is not easy though. It is actually very difficult and very expensive. Considering the admittance fee is only $10 per person (and kids being free) and dealer tables are only $125 each, we bring in some great names.

My eyes have been opened in my time operating this convention as I have been the one contacting talent. Many creators are currently working, have deadlines and other conventions that they may be attending. Often times they just need time to work on the books that they are obligated. It is very common for media guests to charge $10,000 appearance fees + expenses, and it is not uncommon for that figure to be $20,000-$50,000 + a multitude of expenses. San Diego and New York can afford to do this with 100,000 attendees at probably $30 each and booths going for $1,000-$5,000.

This convention has grown by leaps and bounds in a very short time and will continue to do so, but please be aware that of the income vs expense relationship. :)

Hey guys I found out today that Drew Hennesay is a Tampa native and doesnt really pop up at many conventions. He is the inker on several of the new DC 52 books.