• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tampa Bay Comic Con - October 20-21, 2012

133 posts in this topic

I'll be there and set up.

Be sure to check Comics General where another boardie who is not at the con will be posting pictures of my booth and wall.

hm

A pic of MCMiles booth at a certain point in time on Sunday!

IMG_0493.jpg

:o

Oh, so THIS was the Jailbait promotion Mike was talking about. See, it didn't resonate as well without pictures.

The Tampa Bay Comic Con was another massive success.

All of the creators that we brought in were great. Meeting Chandler Riggs and his father was cool--both are very nice people. Chandler is a quiet, soft-spoken kid.

Almost every dealer that I talked to did fantastic sales. Attendees seem to have had a great experience.

It's amazing how quickly this convention has grown and how things have changed in only 2 years. We have managed 6 Tampa Bay Comic Cons and created the Orlando Comic Expo from scratch since late 2010. Our first convention had 550 paid attendees. Subsequent TBCCs had 750, 1000, 1500, 2000 and now 3175. Those figures do not even include kids 12 and under. So, in 2 years time, this convention has grown nearly 6x in attendance.

While it is draining to put on these conventions, it is always a great adventure. Getting to hang out with the creators that we bring in is a fantastic part of running these conventions. Getting to know them on a personal level is great.

I can't wait until the next one!

3175. Wow, considering the number of kids around both days, you guys were easily over 4,000 for the weekend. That's really awesome.

It does seem that the Doubletree is starting to show its limitations in regards to hosting that many people. Only wish you guys had more affordable hotel options that fit your needs and stayed close to I-4 or I-275.

3175. Wow, considering the number of kids around both days, you guys were easily over 4,000 for the weekend.

550, 750, 1000, 1500, 2000 and 3175.

It was a lot of work to achieve those results.

The show was a tremendous success for me. Sales were a little soft on Saturday, but lots of heavy weights seemed to show up on Sunday and really made the show for me.

Easily 3500-4000 people for the two days. I'll definitely be back again.

A big congrats to Stephen, Bill and Neil for a job well done! Super show gentlemen!!! And thanks for the buy Bill...........

Good seeing Mark Haspel, Tom Raupp, and Herb McGrath and setting up between Mike Miles and my old friend Earl Shaw.

I also picked up some really neat and nifty books too that I probably will run on the boards soon.