• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Sunshine Club, maybe it's a sign

42 posts in this topic

So if someone starts a thread that's more about them than about comic books, they need to pony up some loot?

Yes, lol...I guess I had my own "epiphany" when Roy posted his thread, I was thinking about using those kinds of postings as a revenue stream...make it a win, win situation.

Or maybe even ask someone who has announced they have you on ignore, to pony up some cash to help others if they post something in a thread you started... hm

If I'm not being clear with that one, I'll give you an example, like when RMA posted something here:)

When my husband and I were first married, we used to have a jar, where we'd donate cash every time we talked about work at dinner (or cursed) it added up after a while;)

In any case, I'm going to table this for a while, because it seems a little unweildy and maybe the way we do stuff now works best, spur of the moment, passionate giving.

Thanks for the help:)

So if someone starts a thread that's more about them than about comic books, they need to pony up some loot?

lol

Anytime someone posts a "hey look at me" thread that has nothing to do with comics? Oh hell yeah, I'll support that!

Can the rate charged be relative to the length of the thread? That way, if we find the OP really annoying (i.e. SOON SHALL I BUY THY PUNY CHAT BOARD AND THROW THEE OFF!!!), we can just keep posting in the thread and really make them pay. Oo, but then again, maybe anyone contributing to such a thread must pay as well, really killing the length.

Maybe we can make people pay a penny a word for their lame posts? We can call it The Reverse Dickens.

It reminds of the dude that said he had a polite Penus, as it always got up in order for a lady to comfortably sit....

That post should cost you $10.00. :sumo:

That may drive certain people broke within 24 hours.

I've been browsing some of the non comic related threads, some of the comic books ones...and some of the Me threads. Some of the threads where people have problems, too.

Then I saw it would have been Nik's birthday today.

I've been thinking of a way to use some of the Me threads to a good advantage,, kind of a lemons and lemonade thingy.

What if we were to start a sunshine club in Nik's memory (or the memory of more people) ..and start it off by asking for voluntary contributions for certain things.

Like Me threads...

Or from Probation people.

Maybe just regular people who want to contribute, or who want to give a little back after receiving contributions.

My thought was to have 3 people as the holder of the funds...and perhaps some kind of election for people who can suggest distribution of funds.

That's as far as I got...

Thoughts? Suggestions? Stones?

(Beatles;)

Discuss

Maybe it is just me, but I don't see any sense in holding money. I love the intention behind it, but seriously, when there has been a real need, this board has stepped up on an individual basis. I don't think there is a need to organize this. Bringing a group in to govern a fund which is collected is not necessary. Just seems like a lot of unneeded headache.

As someone who has run a thread for tornado victims, I can attest to the generosity of the boards. I think anytime there is a problem, the boardies will be here to help.

Can the rate charged be relative to the length of the thread? That way, if we find the OP really annoying (i.e. SOON SHALL I BUY THY PUNY CHAT BOARD AND THROW THEE OFF!!!), we can just keep posting in the thread and really make them pay. Oo, but then again, maybe anyone contributing to such a thread must pay as well, really killing the length.

Maybe we can make people pay a penny a word for their lame posts? We can call it The Reverse Dickens.

My original idea (that I mentioned to a friend) was first "me" thread $10 donation, 2nd $25.

I actually think we might have the people who post them on board with that...but we might do better in the water cooler;)

First time you are on the probation threads $25, 2nd $50

Same for strikes...

Maybe less for wristslaps...

I don't think we could actually fund a disaster that way, so maybe your page idea would work, with everyone who posts contributing :ohnoez:

I agree with Dale. The intention is in the right place, but this will just create alot of problems/headaches.

Who from Probabtion List is going to donate if they start a thread?

What if I start one and don't donate anything? Will the board come down on me? Will I be shunned until I pony up my $10?

Seems like it'll create alot more problems than it will solve. Especially, as Dale said, when boardies typically help out one another.

I've been browsing some of the non comic related threads, some of the comic books ones...and some of the Me threads. Some of the threads where people have problems, too.

Then I saw it would have been Nik's birthday today.

I've been thinking of a way to use some of the Me threads to a good advantage,, kind of a lemons and lemonade thingy.

What if we were to start a sunshine club in Nik's memory (or the memory of more people) ..and start it off by asking for voluntary contributions for certain things.

Like Me threads...

Or from Probation people.

Maybe just regular people who want to contribute, or who want to give a little back after receiving contributions.

My thought was to have 3 people as the holder of the funds...and perhaps some kind of election for people who can suggest distribution of funds.

That's as far as I got...

Thoughts? Suggestions? Stones?

(Beatles;)

Discuss

Maybe it is just me, but I don't see any sense in holding money. I love the intention behind it, but seriously, when there has been a real need, this board has stepped up on an individual basis. I don't think there is a need to organize this. Bringing a group in to govern a fund which is collected is not necessary. Just seems like a lot of unneeded headache.

As someone who has run a thread for tornado victims, I can attest to the generosity of the boards. I think anytime there is a problem, the boardies will be here to help.

Thanks, I came to this conclusion last night:) A lot of work...and based on the fact that several people who I thought would be great for the committee already said that they didn't want to hold money, plus Roy had some good points about people who might have problems with it.

I agree with Dale. The intention is in the right place, but this will just create alot of problems/headaches.

Who from Probabtion List is going to donate if they start a thread?

Not a thread, just a penalty for being on it, I guess I was not clear.

What if I start one and don't donate anything? Will the board come down on me? Will I be shunned until I pony up my $10?

Seems like it'll create alot more problems than it will solve. Especially, as Dale said, when boardies typically help out one another.

(thumbs u

All valid issues...

I think I'll give up the thread and go buy a clock now;)

;)

When I read the title I thought you were starting a Sunshine Girl Fan Club. :(

I had to look that up ...:shrug:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunshine_Girl

I would like to join this club. :luhv:

That paper has a cult following in the Toronto area. Good luck finding a copy on local coffee trucks after about 10:30 AM.

All the blue collar workers are ogling the 2nd last page over coffee and bagels.