• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Longshot request... can anyone identify this gothic romance cover illustration?

9 posts in this topic

Very big longshot, but I'm hoping that someone can identify the artist or title for what appears to be a paperback cover illustration. Medium is colored pencil and possibly watercolor on board. Google image match was no help.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

IMG_4108.jpg

If this image WAS published in America, I'm 99.9% certain it wasn't for a gothic romance paperback novel. But judging on the style, medium and overall look of it, I'm much more inclined to think it might be a Mexican produced piece, and if not, then American but for something other than a gothic romance novel.

Good luck!

Thanks for the info! The background has the feel of a gothic romance novel, but the characters aren't dressed in the typical 70s gothic dress and Victorian suit. I didn't think of it being Mexican, but it does have a similar look to other cover art I've seen on Mexican books.

I don't know the book, but I can guess the castle in the picture as I grew up near it and been their many a time:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corfe_Castle

Check out the 3rd picture. Dead ringer on the Keep. Books by Thomas Hardy feature the area a lot, but I can't think of a match.

Nice detective work! I'll see if I can come up with anything.