• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does these tiny tears along the right edge effect grade?

10 posts in this topic

Pretty much a solid NM+ 9.6 copy, but has some tiny tears along the edge which looks like pre-marvle chipping, but without the chips.. I guess its original to the printing process, but would it effect the grade?

apr4.jpg

Now this is where I question CGC's grading. Why would tears like these ( which look bindery, not wear ) grade down?

When a ASM # 300, with it's well known dull blade cut on the open side of the comic not get downgraded if it looks 9.8 without the dull blade cut? Do you know what I mean?

I have those on my x-men1. I'd say without, it was probably 9.2ish. With the tears, it graded 8.5 (thumbs u

That is classic pre-marvel chipping. I would have said 9.4 without and 8.5 with. CGC is fairly easy on marvel edge pre chipping and even full chipping in the mid grades. The first sign that a tear or chip is not from the weak era related paper though and you will get hammered on grade like a ton of bricks! :tonofbricks:

That is classic pre-marvel chipping. I would have said 9.4 without and 8.5 with. CGC is fairly easy on marvel edge pre chipping and even full chipping in the mid grades. The first sign that a tear or chip is not from the weak era related paper though and you will get hammered on grade like a ton of bricks! :tonofbricks:

thanks for the info.. I will just sell it on ebay.