• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Good modern?

10 posts in this topic

Any good new moderns? By new I mean with only a couple of issues. I had my eye on Excalibur and Knights Spiderman (however I can't find issue #1 of KSM). Any other good ones?

Vince

Daredevil is great. The art is a little gritty and can take some getting used to, but it's a great book.

Also really enjoy Ultimate Spider-Man, Ultimate X-Men, the Ultimates, and Ultimate Fantastic Four. For Ultimate Spider-Man and Ultimate X-Men, I recommend getting Volume 1 of the trade paperbacks before buying back issues to make sure you like it. You can buy the TPBs cheap here, with free shipping:

Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 1

Ultimate X-Men Vol. 1

Ultimates Vol. 1

The seller is fellow forum member "Lighthouse."

Marvel Knights Spider-Man is pretty good.

Of course, that kills me. It's like the same thing with Cassaday on Astonishing X-Men. I've got no interest in Spider-Man at all and then Mark Millar and Terry Dodson show up and take over a title.

I have no idea about Excalibur. Of course I only read it originally because of Alan Davis, so I wouldn't even glance at that title now.

As for a full answer to your question I hijacked a "new comics suck" thread about a month ago and spouted off about a dozen books I thought were good, here's a link:

The posts about good books start halfway down. My first recommendation is "Planetary" if you want to search in-page on that to skip the [!@#%^&^].

As for a full answer to your question I hijacked a "new comics suck" thread ....

Please note that I, and others who dislike Moderns, are not doing the same lame hijack on here. boo.gif

As for a full answer to your question I hijacked a "new comics suck" thread ....

Please note that I, and others who dislike Moderns, are not doing the same lame hijack on here. boo.gif

I think the question that begs to be asked is why are you and "the others" even posting in this section of the forum then? Knowing that this section is populated 95% with fans of new comics then you know that starting a "new comics suck" thread is only flame bait and nothing more.

Knowing that this section is populated 95% with fans of new comics then you know that starting a "new comics suck" thread is only flame bait and nothing more.

Why do you feel that only positive comments deserve to be protected from Hijacking Trolls?

If I think the latest issue of USM sucks hass, then why should that thread be hijacked by , in favor of a glowing, slobbering fanboy account of the comic?

Does being a FAN mean you automatically LOVE any and all Moderns? confused-smiley-013.gif

I think the question that begs to be asked is why are you and "the others" even posting in this section of the forum then? Knowing that this section is populated 95% with fans of new comics then you know that starting a "new comics suck" thread is only flame bait and nothing more.

Another question that begs to be asked is why does JC continually reply to my posts like I'm going to read or respond to them?

Another question that begs to be asked is why does JC continually reply to my posts like I'm going to read or respond to them?

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

I was just slamming your "it's only good to hijack threads Rob hates, but never ones he loves" hypocritical nature there wanker.

Keep up the good work, Two-Face. thumbsup2.gif