• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Big Apple Comic show....

10 posts in this topic

Anyone here going to the convention today...it's at the Penn Plaza Pavilion located at 401 7th ave at 33rd St in NYC. It's usually a bit expensive and I always tell myself I'm done with conventions 893frustrated.gif but I can't help going just to look around and see if something catches my eye. makepoint.gif

1st and keys

if i lived in NY i would def be going to every convention there- u neevr know hwat youll find or who youll bump into or may spot

as it is, living in australia makes it a bit tough 4 me to go the BAC- would love to be there though!!

I went today and took my 13 year old daughter Julia to her first con. I think she got a kick out of seeing dad interacting with the other grownup fanboys. Had a nice chat with Vincent from Metropolis.....first time we've actually spoken in person. Very helpful looking over some books I brought along.

Made my usual purchase from Blazing Bob (see Have a Cigar thread).....I keep going to these and coming home with cgc purchases from Bob only. He always has the goods and runs a tight little ship there. Very organized, very pro. No schmoozing. All business, well mostly.

Had a nice lunch with Foolkiller, Capt. Tripps and Dam60. I showed them my "trio of tears" books, three great books I got in the early 80's that are mid to hi grade, except that the long gone dealer had trimmed off a piece of the top of the front cover of each. Just the front cover, not the pages. Must have been a neat freak. In 1981 I never noticed it. Not to much awareness about restoration in those days. The books? FF 9, FF48 and ASM 14. Argghh!

The con was only one day this time......seemed a bit less crowded. Rene whatisname from Deep Space Nine was sitting alone, and looking a little melancholy so I went over and talked to him for a bit.

Ayers along with Mrs. A were there as always. DAM60 was working the ACTOR table hard and from last report they had a pretty good amount of donations.

Met Ghost_town for the first time today too. So was having a chat with him and Captain Tripps, the #1 and #2 Avengers registry set guys. Me, the lowly #6 set. If that's your thing. Interesting.

Scott and the crew from CGC were busy taking submissions.

Nothing super exciting this time around, just happy to hang out with a couple of friends from the boards and my daughter, who actually admitted to having "a pretty good time", even though she is not into comics.

was there . My first comic convention so I dont have much to compare it to.

Wish I had about $10,000 with me.

I spent $70

Bought my son a Thing action figure

Bought myself

Manthing # 1 f $2

DC Four Star Spectacular 1 F+ $5

Combat Kelly # 1 VF $7

Marvel Triple Action # 1 F+ $6

and a few other Bronze age keys for 75% off

Got to meet the folks at NeatStuff Collectibles & Metropolis comics who I have bought from.

I wish I had more cash .

I was there from 10am to 12 . was not too crowded. but it was early.

I will be at the next one in September , maybe with more cash.

Had a nice chat with Vincent from Metropolis.....first time we've actually spoken in person and I just got booked for the Aug Comic zone 27_laughing.gif

ps Paul Sr. could kick everyone avatar! 27_laughing.gif