• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM - FF1

29 posts in this topic

The date stamps don't affect grading (up or down) but buyers may assign value (plus or minus) to the date stamps. One like this is a nice one (+ value) because of it's placement. atleast that's my 2 cents!

Thnx for the info. It seems that you are right because there is an Avengers #31 & #47 in the FS section both with a date stamp and both graded a 9.6 so it would seem that the date does not effect grading. Good to know.

would be happy to show the after picture, all......stay tuned

Did you have it restored or pressed?

And while I am at it (I apologize, being italian), what’s "pressing" precisely, and why some collectors look at it with some disregard. From what I get it’s not restoration: no external agents applied to the comic, so it shouldn’t get damaged.

Or am I missing something?

BTW: I really like that copy (better than the costly 7.5 I seem to recall you bought), and Fantastic Four has always been my main collection, but I gave up thinking about issue #1 it because it’s too costly.

However, with all I have spent in golden age books since last december, I could have easily purchased a copy in low grade. :)

if you want to buy a FF copy, let me know - I have a 3.5 that i'll sell less expensively

Hi Joey, thank you for the offer, but at the prices it has reached (together with other silver age issues) it‘s a book way out of my league, even in that grade.

I would prefer to buy low to mid grade copies of golden age books I am interested in right now, rather than spending so much on a book whose print run has been undobtedly higher, although if this is THE book. Fantastic Four have been my cornerstone characters for a lifetime, it’s one of the first things I told Jack Kirby when I visited him in his Thousand Oaks home, in 1991 (one of my very few trips outside Italy, and so far the only one in the US).

It was also the first time I bought a more pricey book, Fantastic Four #8, one of my favorites, which I had signed by him.

Right now, I’d really like to find a VG or better copy of National Comics #18. :(