• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Green Arrow

9 posts in this topic

I think that he deserves his own thread.

After "The longbow hunters" he became one of my favourite comic heroes. Currently I am re-reading the series which have started in 1987. Mike Grell is a teriffic author and he redid the character very well. In the DC mature line he had been allowed to try much more serious attitude.

A lot of really serious topics have been discused - drugs, gay relations, racism, environment crisis etc. Also the letter column is by far the best which I have ever read :headbang:

And of course there is no "tricky arrows" (worship) In fact in this series Green Arrow is more than believable. A modern age Robin Hood.

Loved the series and remember it with fondness.

I was fifteen when Longbow Hunters came out so it is prime for nostalgia and to rediscover.

Was the ongoing series collected at all?

I read a story about some guy trying to steal that girl's skin for her tattoo or something... I remember really liking it; it was always on my back burner (very far back) to track down some more Grell Green Arrow and read it... just never got around to it... Maybe I need to move this up my reading list.

I loved the Neal Adams and Dennis O'Neil stuff.

I loved Longbow Hunters but that was a long time ago.

The series wasn't bad but tried hard to be to grown up and serious, I gave up on it after Grell left.

I never read the 2000 series.

I tried to get back on board with new 52 DC GA, but thought it was garbage and I dropped it after the 1st issue.

First 10 or so issues of the 2000 series were solid. (Smith, then Phil Hester.)

Far far better than Kevin's Smith's Daredevil run, which tried way too hard and jumped the shark when he killed Karen Page. Daredevil vol. 2 took off post-Smith, with Bendis around issue 16--and never really flagged until about 100.

The series wasn't bad but tried hard to be to grown up and serious, I gave up on it after Grell left.

I tried to get back on board with new 52 DC GA, but thought it was garbage and I dropped it after the 1st issue.

If I remember correctly Mike Grell have written the first 80 issues, so there is a lot of reading :banana: After this the quality dropped significantly and after the dead of Green Arrow (issue 101) I stop collecting.

The 2000 series is quite good, but almost without any dialogue and you could read a issue for no more than 2 minutes (shrug)

The new GA is terrible. I have read only the first two issues, which have been really dissapointed.

If I remember correctly Mike Grell have written the first 80 issues, so there is a lot of reading :banana: After this the quality dropped significantly and after the dead of Green Arrow (issue 101) I stop collecting.

The 2000 series is quite good, but almost without any dialogue and you could read a issue for no more than 2 minutes (shrug)

The new GA is terrible. I have read only the first two issues, which have been really dissapointed.