• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Astonishing #42 This is a challenging one!

12 posts in this topic

Thanks in advance everyone (thumbs u

I'd really like to get some opinions before I offer it for sale. Not much hiding here. Cover is still real glossy. Despite the discoloration/tanning on the back cover on the spine (and elsewhere) the staples are totally clean and rust free. First set with no centerfold issues either. Pages are cr to ow.

ast42.jpg

ast42a.jpg

I looked at this yesterday but was too chicken-sh eet to post a grade. It is a tough one without it in hand. I was leaning towarsds 3.5 but it could have a shot at 4.0 also. It does have nice color on it and presents really well. Have to run and wipe that yellow stripe of my back.

I think you are getting low grades... I'd go higher unless that is actually a stain and not just some sun spots. I've gotten books with minor scuffing as high as 7.0. My first take on this was 5.0-6.0 range, but cream or tan pages. This is a book I'd think would def grade higher with a press.

I think you are getting low grades... I'd go higher unless that is actually a stain and not just some sun spots. I've gotten books with minor scuffing as high as 7.0. My first take on this was 5.0-6.0 range, but cream or tan pages. This is a book I'd think would def grade higher with a press.

I beg to differ. (shrug)

I would say 3.5. I agree that a press might really help the book, bringing it up to a 4.0 or maybe even a 4.5 if our friends at CGC are feeling generous and that big crease on the upper right hand FC is mostly eliminated through the pressing.

I would say 4.5. If the white edges were in better shape, that is, if there was no "tanning-ish" look to the book from either sun-shadow or paper acid, then I'd go up to 5.0 but, I don't see it getting more than 4.5.