• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best way to READ TMNT v1 ?

25 posts in this topic

No I was thinking of the IDW hardcover. I could have sworn they were selling for $100 a pop two months back or so

That was the special edition Hardcover, and only because IDW royally up.

When they released the special edition hardcover (the cover is black and white), IDW marketed it as a Long Beach Comic Con Exclusive release. At the end of the show, they told convention goers (and a number of people over e-mail) that they had sold out of the book.

For about two weeks after the release, the sales for that book on ebay were cresting $200, and people thought the book was sold out.

Turns out none of that was true.

Suddenly, two weeks after the convention, IDW started selling the "LBCC Exclusive" book on their website (where it is still available). Not only was it not Con exclusive, but they hadn't sold out of the book by a long shot. This pissed off a lot of people (particularly those of us who went to LBCC specifically for that book, or who paid the $200 price tag after the close of the event).

So yes, the limited collection volume 1 was selling for $200+ a couple months ago...but not anymore, as you can buy it on the IDW site for retail price.

That must be it. That's the version I bought and I did get it off the IDW site

I hadn't heard that there would be a variant on this one... I sure hope not. I got my regular copy on Friday tho. These really are great books; I just hope they do the whole series. That would be amazing.

There will be:

http://www.tmnt-ninjaturtles.com/blog/2012/02/tmnt-ultimate-collection-hc-volume-2-idw/

No word on how it will be distributed though.

I hadn't heard that there would be a variant on this one... I sure hope not. I got my regular copy on Friday tho. These really are great books; I just hope they do the whole series. That would be amazing.

There will be:

http://www.tmnt-ninjaturtles.com/blog/2012/02/tmnt-ultimate-collection-hc-volume-2-idw/

No word on how it will be distributed though.

annoying. Thanks for the link... I used to check that site weekly at least, but haven't been looking at it in a while as my excitement for IDW's handling of the property continues to wane... (Except for the Infestation 2 books... that was goodness)