• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Manga/Non-US collectors market?

14 posts in this topic

I'll take the lack of replys to this question as it either...

A) is a stupid question

B) is somehow an inappropriate question

C) nobody cares

D) There is none

E) all of the above

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

to be honest...i was trying to figure out what Manga was confused-smiley-013.gif...did you mean Magna??

Any market for manga or non-us books? Just curious.

Vince

This is shown as being posted at 1:17AM but it just appeared. Do you have your time setting for this place set right? But if it actually was posted at 3:17PM - man give it more than a few minutes!!!!!!!!! Otyherwise who knows the starnge ways of the board postings?

I don't know Manga so cannot contribute. frown.gif

A) is a stupid question

C) nobody cares

D) There is none

E) all of the above

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

to be honest...i was trying to figure out what Manga was confused-smiley-013.gif...did you mean Magna??

I know what Manga is, but now I am trying to figure out what Magna is! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

A) is a stupid question

C) nobody cares

D) There is none

E) all of the above

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I know what Manga is, but now I am trying to figure out what Magna is! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

magna

thumbsup2.gif

A) is a stupid question

C) nobody cares

D) There is none

E) all of the above

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

magna

thumbsup2.gif

Ummm...okay. I know what the Magna Carta is. Now, can you explain the relationship that it has with this thread.

thumbsup2.gif

A) is a stupid question

C) nobody cares

D) There is none

E) all of the above

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

magna

thumbsup2.gif

Ummm...okay. I know what the Magna Carta is. Now, can you explain the relationship that it has with this thread.

thumbsup2.gif

my bad...i was thinking Magna Carta...non-US, as in England... foreheadslap.gif

I'm a big collector of manga... I have over 1600 books in the original Japanese (many of them very possibly the only copies in all of North America!). There is a small market for it in America, and a growing market for translated manga, but you likely won't find a great deal of it on this board... they don't fit into a CGC holder! smile.gif

(By the way, manga are Japanese comics, for those that don't know...)

Any market for manga or non-us books? Just curious.

Vince

This is shown as being posted at 1:17AM but it just appeared. Do you have your time setting for this place set right? But if it actually was posted at 3:17PM - man give it more than a few minutes!!!!!!!!! Otyherwise who knows the starnge ways of the board postings?

I don't know Manga so cannot contribute. frown.gif

Somethings definately wrong with my time or something, I posted this yesterday (well technically this morning, around 3:17AM, probably 12 hours off or something). Sorry smile.gif

I guess it would be hard to get japanese imports, and even if you did, you couldnt really read them hehe. I was just curious, not a hunge anime/manga fan myself.

sumo.gif

I lived in Japan for 2 years and bought them during my stay. It cost me over $800 to ship them all to America by sea, but it was worth it. I doubt there are very many collections of Japanese manga in the states that can match it!