• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lscomics Newly Unemployed Signature Series Sale

89 posts in this topic

Tim - sorry to hear the news - hopefully you will find something better and look back at this as a positive.
I'm already looking at it as positive, I'm not quite sure what changed but some time over the last 2-3 months I started not enjoying going to a job I used to really like.

I'll be hitting the bricks to find something new starting next Monday after C2E2.

What kind of work did you do? Hate to hear that.
I was in cash logistics (armored transport). It wasn't a loss of employment due to cutbacks, that much I know. We were shorthanded as it was. If I had to guess I'd say it a matter of the owner not being able to separate personal feelings from business.

You may want to, at least, consult with an employment attorney to see if you were wrongfully terminated.

What kind of work did you do? Hate to hear that.
I was in cash logistics (armored transport). It wasn't a loss of employment due to cutbacks, that much I know. We were shorthanded as it was. If I had to guess I'd say it a matter of the owner not being able to separate personal feelings from business.

You may want to, at least, consult with an employment attorney to see if you were wrongfully terminated.

I looked into that as a possibility but according to Indiana State law an employee may be terminated at any time for any reason by an employer. It kind of sucks but this is exactly the kind of reason I don't mind having paid into unemployment.

:takeit:

Incredible Hulk #171 CGC 9.2 signed by Herb Trimpe (Middenhall copy) - $75

Jonah Hex #91 CGC 9.2 signed by Mark Texiera - $40

Sorry about your current situation. Being from Kokomo myself, I had go to Baghdad for a decent job.

Best of luck.

Incredible Hulk #171 CGC 9.2 signed by Herb Trimpe (Middenhall copy) - $75

Jonah Hex #91 CGC 9.2 signed by Mark Texiera - $40

Sorry about your current situation. Being from Kokomo myself, I had go to Baghdad for a decent job.

Best of luck.

^^ Thank you!

Baghdad is one heck of a long commute from Kokomo. lol

Time for a recap:

Page 1

Amazing Spider-Man v2 #29 CGC 9.4 signed by Lee Weeks - $40

Amazing Spider-Man #606 CGC 9.4 signed by J. Scott Campbell - $40

G.I. Joe #38 CGC 9.6 signed by Mike Zeck - $55

Incredible Hulk #152 CGC 9.4 signed by Herb Trimpe, Gary Friedrich & D ick Ayers - $250

Incredible Hulk #307 CGC 9.6 signed by Mike Mignola - $50

Hulk #8 CGC 9.4 signed by Ron Garney - $40

Page 2

Jingle Belle's All-Star Holiday Hullabaloo CGC 9.8 signed by Frank Cho - $50

Liberty Meadows #9 CGC 9.8 signed by Frank Cho - $50

Liberty Meadows #31 CGC 9.8 signed by Frank Cho - $50

Liberty Meadows #37 CGC 9.8 signed by Frank Cho - $50

Marvel Zombies vs Army of Darkness #1 variant & #3 DF variant signed by Arthur Suydam - $30 for the pair

New Avengers #14 & #15 CGC 9.6 signed by Frank Cho & Brian Michael Bendis - $60 for the pair

Page 3

Superman #182 CGC 9.6 signed by Ed MCGuinness - $35

Tomb of Dracula #10 & #13 CGC 7.5 1st app & origin of Blade signed by Marv Wolfman & Gene Colan - $300 for the pair

Trouble #1 2nd print CGC 9.8 signed by Frank Cho - $50

Wolverine #77 CGC 9.8 signed by Adam Kubert - $50

Peter Parker: Spider-Man #29 CGC 9.8 signed by Kaare Andrews - $125

Superman Batman #1 3rd print CGC 9.4 signed by Ed McGuinness - $30

Superman Batman #3 CGC 9.4 signed by Ed McGuinness - $30

Teen Titans #14 CGC 8.0 signed by Nick Cardy - $125

Page 4

Adventure Comics #1 CGC 9.6 signed by Francis Manapul - $35

I'd like to thank everyone who's made purchases already again, I've received a great showing of support. (thumbs u

Keep these two things in mind:

1) I'm open to offers

2) I can hand deliver books to C2E2 this weekend to save shipping costs

I'm still trying to decide but am leaning towards listing some more books a little later today.

Amazing Spider-Man #601 CGC 9.8 signed by J. Scott Campbell - $100

AmazingSpider-Man601.jpg

I missed this one yesterday and thought I'd be over it by now. Still bummed. Glad to see the sale is going well - good luck!