• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's up with Amazing Spiderman #100?

12 posts in this topic

Although a 9.6 is always selling well I have noticed a drop in price on 9.4 and lower CGC copies . Yesterday an 8.5 CGC sold for $67.00. I saw a 9.4 CGC copy go untouched for $400 about a week ago. I would have purchased it but was late to the site. The seller didn't want to sell after the auction ended. I have a CGC 100 9.0 with white pages up for sale now (indycwf) Ebay at $205 which is below guide ($215) and it has gone unsold for 3 days. Now I know copies are probably fairly easy to find but is this book due for a decease? A year and a half ago I saw two folks battle it out for a 7.5 for $200! Just wondering.

504811-spideycgc.jpg.8543ae6688343ca1b84277e307ffeed9.jpg

It could be a case that the market has been glutted with the issue over the last two years. EBay seller Betty/Calm-Mix has sold approximately 100+ very nice copies of the issue over that time. And it wasn't a rare issue before then.....

Jim

I won that 8.5 yesterday,and couldn't believe I got it so cheap..........probably the best deal I got on ebay so far............I really believe the 8.0-9.0 range is where the best deals are at....................beautiful copies going dirt cheap........picked up some FF's too(#31- 8.5,#38-9.0,and #40-8.5 for 3/4 guide.......I predict these will be the next hot grades,after all the top grades are bought up and less are up for auction............. thumbsup2.gif

I predict these will be the next hot grades,after all the top grades are bought up and less are up for auction............. thumbsup2.gif

This is some strange logic, for reasons that should be quite obvious.

The exponential price spikes have occured at "investment grade" (a made-up term by dealers) books because that's where the speculator activity is. Collectors buy the 9.0 and below books, and have always paid less-than Guide for non-hyper key Silver and up eras.

Thats why I'm a collector,I have no plans on selling my collection,and I still feel alot of the silver/early bronze in 8.0-9.0 range is undervalued............will I make a ton of cash in these grades?...............No,but will I have sweet copies at a fraction of 9.4's?..oh yeah............and when all the top grades get snapped up and /or become unaffordable to the average collector,where will they look for the best deals?....8.0-9.0...................of course,I could be wrong.......... insane.gif

Unfortunately, long before "all the high-grade Silver and up books get snapped up" we'll bear witness to a massive revaluation of these speculator-influenced grades.

On the bright side, your issues may not seen any appreciation, but the filter-down effect of lower prices will not affect you as much as the BSD bleeding-edge crowd.

Unfortunately, long before "all the high-grade Silver and up books get snapped up" we'll bear witness to a massive revaluation of these speculator-influenced grades.

On the bright side, your issues may not seen any appreciation, but the filter-down effect of lower prices will not affect you as much as the BSD bleeding-edge crowd.

I agree,Joe.............and I'm grateful that I can still pick up the books I collected as a kid in nice grades at good prices..........and in the long run(10-20 years) I feel there is a good chance these books will make a modest profit.....of course,I could be wrong............. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I really believe the 8.0-9.0 range is where the best deals are at.

Couldn't agree more. Those who are willing to "step down" to that range are going to get some very nice books.

Couldn't agree more. Those who are willing to "step down" to that range are going to get some very nice books.

Its not so much 'getting deals' at this grade, but since the speculators are not operating at these grade points, the prices are more reality based and therefore probably offer better long term stability.

Its not so much 'getting deals' at this grade, but since the speculators are not operating at these grade points, the prices are more reality based and therefore probably offer better long term stability.

I wish I could find some earlier ASMs in these grades. Need a #13 & #s 29-31. 893frustrated.gif

I believe all of you are making good points. Let's not forget how rare 9.4's, 9.6's and higher are for stuff that is pre-1975. These books will always be bought at a high price. I think these prices will only continue to rise. The newer books selling for very high prices are the obvious ones to "crash" i.e. batman 608. I'm happy with the guide change that shows a top grade of 9.2 with anything higher very dynamic/ever changing. I agree that VF range books will sell even better at some point due to the fact there are only so many NM 30 and 40 year old books. For a bronze age or silver age book I like I will pay top dollar any day for a CGC 9.4 or better. By the way I've dropped my Spidey CGC 100 9.0 with white pages to 202.00 (but it now) on Ebay. Indycwf

It could be a case that the market has been glutted with the issue over the last two years. EBay seller Betty/Calm-Mix has sold approximately 100+ very nice copies of the issue over that time. And it wasn't a rare issue before then.....

Big time. Out of all the Silver and Bronze age Spideys, #100 is probably the easiest to find. Oversupply drives price down.